My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Seven Hour Itch

Life is too short for traffic. ~Dan Bellack

I keep telling people how much I enjoy the drive from DC to Albany. 7 hours isn't that bad I say. I have my ipod. Truth be told, 7 hours in a car is too damn long. On this particular trip it was 9 on the way up due to the jack knifed Mack truck. I swear the only thing that keeps me going is the cinnabon along the way. I love that place.
So what does one do, on a 9 hour drive besides blasting Natasha Bedingfield(4 1/2 of which are through New Jersey-ugh!)?. I think little HB thoughts, which on this particular trip were of places I wanted to go/things I wanted to purchase. Here's the deal, as part of my new "save money get out of debt quick" scheme I have developed a list of all things kryptonite. Things that I have a weakness for that I can no longer afford to have a weakness for. For example $300 Stuart Weitzman sandals with Swarovski crystals are not a necessity. No matter how cute they look.

Nordstrom-If the shoe fits buy it my ass. And I've already maxed out my Nordie's credit card, so technically I can't buy there anyway.
Target-Suddenly I need things that I never knew I needed.
Anthropologie-I'm just a little obsessed.
Trader Joe's-Yes, food is a necessary evil. But $100 worth of food for one person, is probably not.
Coach-my obsession with fine leather goods is a genetic problem.
Yellowtail Shiraz-a bottle of wine an evening, an alcoholic makes.
Ralph Lauren/Polo-"You know it's a good day when Baroni is wearing polo", that would be everyday.
the Mac, Clinique, Smashbox counters-goes along with the spending too much time yuppy-ing it up at Nordstrom.Very very bad, even if my eyes look awesome in smashing wrap eyeshadow.
Barnes and Noble-orgasm for the eyes and for the brain. Oh how I love it.

That's about all I have for now, but if you think of other places I'm damn obsessed with that are very very bad for my wallet, lemme know. K? thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.