My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Speaking of Boredom

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. ~Dorothy Parker

True story; last week while watching Sweet Home Alabama-pathetic in itself, but not the point of this story-I actually teared up when a promo for The O.C. came on. I kid you not, that Peter Gallagher does something to me, maybe it's the eyebrows. Regardless, in addition to my penchant and weakness for diet code red, take five bars, pizza, Law andOrder, and Congress; I can now add all things Orange County. The movie, the show, I even have a slight problem with starting a conversation with"That Talan is a fuck head, cute, but an ass". Yup, I watch Laguna Beach too.

I really do think it's natural human condition though, to become slightly obsessed with things that would be nice to have; you know living vicariously through others. Not that this means I want to pack up and move to Newport Beach and botox myself to death, but you must admit,it is fun to watch and damn entertaining.

I have a slight problem with becoming fascinated with something,especially when I'm bored (ahem, the blogging bug that I seem to have caught). I just think "wow I never thought to do that. It might befun". I read up on it then obsess about it for awhile; thus the reason for why I know the difference between my pitching wedge and sand wedge and why I can play every song from the Lion King on my clarinet; boredom my friends.

But then again, trying different things and becoming interested whether through boredom or not, is what makes one a well rounded person. I getbored, I try new things. That's what makes life (and maybe me) more interesting. And fun DAMN IT!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

Boredom is the mother of all meaningless hobbies and trivial knowledge!

Don't chalk fascination with the OC up to boredom though. It's a fantastic show! I'm heartbroken that I won't be able to watch it this semester because I have class on Thursday nights. I almost considered putting off a required course for another semester because it was only offered when the OC is on. That's how much I love it! I guess I'll have to settle for watching the second season on DVD.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Noisette said...

I too love the OC. Peter Gallagher is one damn fine older man. Wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating Krispy Kremes, if you know what I'm sayin... sigh... good god, I'm so BORED!

Lizzie- you gotta get tivo. The gods invented it. It's like ambrosia for the couch potato set.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

The O.C. is fabulous, I would never deny that.

Lizzie, I missed the entire season due to class on thursday nights first semester and being in Madrid during the second half of the season, although they did have the OC en espanol. Please I beg of you though, Tivo.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

you ladies make a persuasive case...

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.