My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Anti

"There is still no cure for the common birthday." ~John Glenn

I hate to play woe is me. Really, I do.
I turn 22 next Wednesday. This feels more like a nuisance than anything else. This is the first time EVER that I haven’t cared about my birthday. Maybe it’s the effects of today that is causing it. Work makes me uneasy, but you already knew that.

In general though, I am not into this birthday. Last year, I was counting the days. I even had a little countdown going on in my profile. I was pumped and I didn’t give a shit that it was exactly one week before Election Day. I was going all out.

This year? Ummm yeah. I’m contemplating not doing anything at all, because a) I really don’t feel like it b) my friends are all being weird and going through this weird “I’m all about work and/or my significant other phase” and I’m too busy rolling my eyes about it and c) it’s such an insignificant birthday.Feel free to berate me now though for being a whiny brat, because in actuality I need to suck it up and do whatever I damn well please for my birthday and if people can’t be happy, then that’s their thing, not mine. Why is it that I can write about it and type it out, but I cannot seem to convince myself of this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.