My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Bitches Are Whack Fridays*

"Oh, wouldn't the world seem dull and flat with nothing whatever to grumble at? " ~W.S. Gilbert

Last Friday went something like this: bitch, bitch, bitch, Laguna Beach**, Run’s House, JB, bitch, bitch.
I’m never prolific on Fridays because I’m tired and shit, it’s Friday.
From now on you’ll get my lovely complaints of the week, because I can do that. Feel free to vent, because sharing means caring.

The only thing I have for you this week, is my ipod. Sweet Jesus, the damn thing is broken. It turns on and everything, but the menu button doesn’t work and it takes a huge amount of effort when attempting to go between songs; ie I have to press the button down reaaaaaaally hard for it to work. Before it only played one play list, so I suppose this is an improvement. But still, right now, because the menu button doesn’t work, this means that I have to listen to songs alphabetically by artist. Which means 2 hours of 50 Cent then 2 hours of ABBA. I kid you not.
And what can be done about this you ask? Not a damn thing. I just have a busted ipod and no urge to get a new one anytime soon. Which only spins me back to the fact that the stupid ipod can’t be plugged into an older USB port, so all of music is on my computer in ALBANY! Albany, is nowhere near, DC. So now I have a busted ipod, and absolutely no music, because it’s in Albany.

It’s also raining again. Rain sucks. Hurricanes suck. And Apple sucks.

Now, your turn.

*BAWF for short
**Is anyone else concerned about this LC/Jason thing going on?? And how absolutely dejected Stephen looks, while witnessing this debacle?

9 Comments:

Blogger lorie said...

How old is your iPod? If it's less than a year old you can send it back to them and they'll send you one that works, and the turnaround is super quick. My sister got the U2 iPod for her birthday in May, and by the end of June it was all fucked up and not working right. We dug around on the apple site, filed a work order, and they shipped us a box to ship the iPod to them. Within ten days she had her new iPod and all is skippy since.

8:56 AM  
Blogger AJH said...

At least your harddrive is still working. Mine did last year and I'd just gotten a new computer, so I lost everything. Fortunatly, it happened a week before the warrenty expired. I talked to dell that Satureday afternoon and by Monday evening I had a new MP3 player. This is why I'm a loyal to dell despite how absolutely adorable the ipod is.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Apple does suck. I have a mac laptop and it's been acting up a lot lately. After it kicked me off Safari for the 20th time in 3 minutes I finally gave up and cried myself to sleep. Damn apple.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Lorie-my ipod will turn one on December 24th. I'm so proud. I did check the website but of course I don't have the damn thing with me so I don't have the serial number to fill out the form. That will be monday's project. But thanks for the advice.

AJH-I think I might invest in a new mp3 player. So any suggestions are helpful.

Lizzie-Apple? it sucks. enough said.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said...

is there an apple store in DC? Have one of the Macheads take a look.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

PLD-good deal. I might do that tomorrow or sunday.

12:13 PM  
Blogger mysterygirl! said...

I laughed out loud but then felt sad about the 2 hours of Fiddy followed by 2 hours of ABBA... I'm so, so sorry.

1:45 PM  
Blogger RitMeyer said...

You are awesome! Did you know that I was going to quit smoking today and would therefore need a place to vent my baseless frustration? Everything is annoying me right now, but I haven't had a cig since 10:15 last night.

Jason and LC is a particularly horrifying thorn in my side. She should have her head examined.

I'll probably be back before I kill the girl at work who keeps saying "SO, do you want to smoke?"

2:48 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

MG-Thank you for feeling my pain. It is really sad.

Rit-glad that the accupuncture is working thus far. Even better that you haven't smoked since last night. I almost brought mine with me to work, but didn't. seriously, good luck with it and thanks for getting into the spirit of BAWF.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.