My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Learning Curve

"Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned." ~Mark Twain

Today I learned:

  • Not to take anything personally*. (so hard, but it just sooo needs to be done)
  • My mommy's got a mouth like a trucker too
  • Everyone has shitty days
  • Smoking is very bad and it really doesn't make anything better
  • No one is 100% polite all of the time
  • Hindsight is 20/20
  • Even the nice ones turn on you
  • Desperation for insurance isn't any reason to jump into anything
  • Spain really was the best and longest vacation I will probably ever have in life.
  • Mommy's coming on monday night
  • I am really sensitive and politics isn't the best place for sensitive people.
  • It's ok to be angry at and bitter towards stupid Boy, because even though he isn't stupid nor an asshole, HB doesn't like being hurt (note to self, write about Boy, when the embarrassment wears off)
  • If people piss you off just tell them don't be passive agressive
  • Mommy really does make everything better
  • When (notice that I said 'when' and not 'if') I have children and they complain that being a child is too difficult and being an adult would be better, I will show them this and possibly shake them and hopefully they'll realize the truth.
  • No one actually hates me (but if you do, tell me, seriously) but sometimes it feels that way
  • I'm not actually invisible (who knew??)
  • My birthday is in 13 days and this is the first time in life, save for my first birthday, that I really don't give a shit
  • Separate work and personal life.
  • Once more with feeling: EVERYONE has shit days, which is what probably leads one person to be crappy to someone else.
  • College prepares you for nothing. But it is quite possibly the best four years of your entire life and it goes by so freaking quickly. Even when you have three midterms and a paper and your professor give you shitty grades in your major courses and it seems like forever until winter break-despite allllll of that, College man, It fucking rocks.
  • I've probably cried more in the past six months than I have in years. And that's ok.

*I say don't take things personally, because really, if someone wanted to tell me something (and I promise, no one in my life has a problem with saying anything, no matter what it does to someone else's ego) they would. So umm here's a thought, why don't I tell the offender(s) what is bothering me and maybe, it won't be a problem anymore...? That would make the most sense, but really, I'm too chicken shit to do so, because the offender(s), I have found aren't all that approachable. Fuck it. I'm doing it. Calmly, because I already flipped my shit in private. As that would be the adult/responsible thing to do. See, I'm getting it now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Oooh, those are hard lessons to learn. I have problems with that first one, especially.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Happy birthday in 13 days!

Oh, and crying a lot can definitely be a good thing. Sometimes it's the only thing that helps. I say let it out.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Sub Girl said...

what you said totally rings true. but cheer up, your mom is coming!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I feel like lately I've tapped into something that everyone already knows and I'm just the last to find out. Why oh why didn't anyone tell me these things earlier? I'm glad I blog about it, so the class of 2006 knows what to look forward to.
And I totally can't wait for my birthday (even though it is insignificant) and for my mom. Oh, and how the hell do you not take things personally? It's difficult when the same thing happens every freaking day.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

Heather, we're BLOGGERS. Inherently not cool. But I do think everyone is interesting and fun. Please do come have a drink. Consider yourself called out!!! :)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.