My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Number Five

The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Because I apparently enjoy things that involve the number five, this is an ode/shout out* to things with the number 5. Too bad there are only two on this list, but if you think of three more…Holla!

Take 5s:

Milton Hershey, oh brilliant man that he was, sent some guidance from up above to his wonderful chocolate factory. And what did appear? The holy mixture that is chocolate, peanuts, caramel, pretzels, and peanut butter.
"HERSHEY'S TAKE 5 provides a unique taste experience by combining five favorite ingredients in one candy bar. The result is a delicious salty sweet snack unlike anything else" So says the Hershey's website, but it's true. It's a decadent mixture of sweet and salty that will leave you wanting more.

I first tasted this delicious treat at Chocolate World in June. It was my first visit to chocolate world. Kimber took me on the ride through the history of Hershey's, at the end there was a Take 5. At first I was skeptical, but who doesn't eat free chocolate. Oh My God. Damn good. It even comes in the (gag) white chocolate form.

The best part? It comes with two in a pack, much like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. There's no commitment. You can have one, you can have two. It's your prerogative.

Try it and love it.

Five Guys:

I write this is a sit at my desk, smelling of Cajun fries. Oh glorious and delicious Cajun fries. Get a regular size, because they'll give you enough to fill up the cup o'fries twice, if not more. But it's not just the fries. I hear the burgers are delicious. They look like they might be tasty and my God, they're huge. A little burger is one patty and a regular "famous burger" is two patties. You can get the works on your burger for free. I mean the works: sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, bbq sauce, lettuce, jalapeno peppers, regular onions, pickles, and of course the ketchup and mustard. Being the pescitarian that I am, I go for the grilled cheese (with mushrooms). Grilled to perfection. The bread is golden brown and sometimes a little grease is a good thing.

My first trip to five guys was last fall and today was my second foray. Why I don't go more often is beyond me. There are locations in Georgetown, Chinatown, Navy Yard, Howard, and the shops at National Place . <> There's a Five Guys in NISKAYUNA, which means that the next time I'm in Albany, I'm taking my friends and family to Five Guys, because it's cheap too (hello…Washingtonian Cheap Eats).

Again. Try it and love it. Run don't walk suckers (ooh and speedy service too).


And there you have it, my shout outs to things with the Number 5. Suddenly I feel like I should be making an appearance on Sesame Street "Today's letters are H and B. Today's number is Five"

*I'm secretly willing the product endorsement Gods to get me free Take 5's and Five Guys, since I've now given both a proper shout out. And for the record this is like 40 th time that I've mentioned Take 5's. I'm just sayin'.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

I'm waiting for Five Guys to offer veggie burgers. Then I'm all over that. In the meantime, I suffer in silence while listening to my carniverous friends extol the virtues of a Five Guys' hamburger. I live right near one... so close yet so far away.

1:32 PM  
Blogger The Girl Who said...

Have you ever read High Fidelity?

4:48 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Putting a Five Guys next to my house was the worst possible move they could have made for my cholestorol. I suppose I write it off as balancing myself out for all the soccer that I play. I guess it could be worse... if Five Guys delivered I wouldn't live to be 40.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Sub Girl said...

i heart take 5's. too bad they are so rare in the vending machines (the only time i usually buy candy.)

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Molly B said...

I handle marketing and pr at Five Guys and although i don't have a gift certificate on hand I will tell you that we saw your post and are very flattered that we could be one of your favorite 5's and that it is an honor to be listed with Take 5!

email info@fiveguys.com and I'll try and get you a t-shirt!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! cartoon sex Call centers in the pihilippines Classroom management urban schools Infiniti dealer atlanta high speed internet access Tuscon buick diet bontril Farm burau insurance http://www.mcse-training-7.info fat fat woman Standard lock washer & mfg 2006 kia Catherine zeta jones dress size http://www.brakes-volvo.info Air line tickets to barbados Kenmore elite turbozone dishwasher Voice over ip port

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.