My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Over hung

I thought I would be able to come up with something. I felt ok on the walk to work, but sitting down now, I'm reminded of my purple calamari. You see, calamari turns purple, when mixed with eight glasses of pinot noir in your stomach.

I really wish I could remember how I got home.

Nothing says Happy Birthday, like a good ol' hangover and arriving to work at 1:45 PM.

Christ.

**Addendum**

Things that are difficult to do while so fucking hungover you might die:
  1. stand
  2. walk
  3. send a fax
  4. scroll up and down on the computer
  5. move the mouse
  6. look into the cabinet above my desk
  7. move the flowers on my desk that are blocking the cabinet
  8. speak
  9. not use the word 'fuck'
  10. eat
  11. drink
  12. work
  13. book a flight
  14. answer the phone
  15. keep my eyes open
  16. attempt to not die

14 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

I take it the purple calamari implies you didn't get your birthday wish of not throwing up?

Don't be too hard on yourself. When you're old and boring like me, you'll get to work on time on the day after your birthday. Live it up while you still can!

1:37 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

wait wait... you went to work?

1:48 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said...

yeah, how in the world did you not write off the ENTIRE day?

2:06 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I have no idea how I made it to work, because right now I am completely non functioning.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Mabel said...

Oh god. I can't believe you made it into work. (((hugs)))

http://mabelsmuse.typepad.com/

2:24 PM  
Blogger heather said...

hey, at least you went hard...

good job.

3:32 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

as long as the calamari isn't brown...from bailey's and chocolate vodka...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL (belatedly)!

3:37 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

Hmmm. You don't remember getting home. Well, if you have a "rash" in a few days then well, you'll know.

Happy Birthday!

5:07 PM  
Blogger wunelle said...

O
O

Here's a couple aspirin!

Glad you weren't so hungover that you couldn't type!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

Impressed that you went in and stuck it out. Props to you...

and make sure you prevent that reash as best you can :-)

Glad it was fun!!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Sub Girl said...

so, you're alive now?!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said...

OMG - purple calamari. Does this mean it was or was NOT a happy birthday?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Seriously now, how long is a hangover supposed to last?? Because shit, this is getting annoying. At least now I can read and answer the phone at the same time. Baby steps.

10:59 AM  
Blogger indoloony said...

8 glasses!?!?! I cross my threshold when I finish a whole bottle by myself and that's just 4 glasses.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.