My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Vestirse

"Carelessness in dressing is moral suicide." ~Honoré de Balzac

An email to LB from a few months back, when I first started working;

I had such a great morning. I had a good run and it was cool outside. I found something presentable to wear, but cute. I used enough frizz-ease (God Bless John Frieda) and my hair is under control. The shower wasn't too hot because it's below 211 degrees outside. I had my lunch ready to go-leftovers from last night. I got breakfast at my new favorite place, by far the best breakfast sandwich ever.Then what happens..? I go to the bathroom and realize that everyone and their brother is able to see my bright red Victoria secret boy cuts through my skirt. Normally in this situation I would just take them off, but I can't because my mo-fo Aunt Flo is visiting.
Welcome to my world.
Love,
HB

You would think that a girl who flaunts her Coach, Anthropologie and Stuart Weitzman’s would be able to dress herself? Oh you would think; but alas not. I just noticed that once again, when standing in the right light, you can see right through my red Ann Taylor skirt*. For the record, yes I am wearing pink CK undies. Have I ever mentioned my black linen skirt that my MOM informed was COMPLETELY see thru, in Martha’s Vineyard over Labor Day, when OF COURSE I had worn the fucking things about 40 different times. Because this is DC where linen is needed during the summer months. See thru linen if your name is HB.

I need a personal shopper or at least someone to tell me “Hey, I can see your pink thong!” before I leave in the morning.

*I wrote this yesterday. Today I'm wearing pants, thank God, and my pink Polo sweater.

8 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

could be worse, you could've just walked out naked.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Megarita said...

HOly cow, reading this after my post gave me a full-on complex. I could use a personal assistant in every part of my life. FIX ME!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Makes me think of that picture of John Kerry's daughter at her film or documentary premier. How embarrassing!

11:25 AM  
Blogger lorie said...

I had to sign up for a blogger account just to post this comment! Feel special!

I have this summerweight black skirt that I usually wear with a slip, just in case. And it's the only item of clothing I own that I wear with a slip, and so when I lost the slip while moving a few months ago, I wasn't very concerned about it. And then of course one day I wanted to wear the skirt. I was all paranoid that it was see-through, though, so I got a flashlight and a variety of underwear and kept putting on different underwear and shining the flashlight through the back of the skirt to see if I could see through it. Ultimately, I couldn't really tell - so I just didn't wear the skirt. But the flashlight thing seemed like a really good idea at the time.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Urban Barbara said...

fashion faux pas
not so terrible

1:43 PM  
Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Every time I buy a new skirt when I'm home shopping with my mom, she asks if I have a slip to wear under it. I always laugh-- who wears slips anymore?-- but I think she's got the right idea sometimes...

3:57 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

My mother keeps suggesting a slip. I keep saying no. Now look who the dumbass is.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Sub Girl said...

yeah i thought slips were for middle-aged to old ladies! but now, not looking like such a bad idea...

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.