My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bounce

"I have diligently numbered the days of pure and genuine happiness which have fallen to my lot: they amount to fourteen." ~Abd-El-Raham

Perhaps because I’m wearing Uggs, feet up flipping between Ellen and The Company. Or perhaps I encountered an estrogen surrounded Supreme Court on the way to the office. Ladies laden in pink t-shirts saying “Keep Abortion Legal”-it always brings a smile to my face. Or maybe because I’ve been made aware that there is a bottle of bourbon spiked egg nog with my name on it. Or, the kick ass peanut butter chocolate chip cookies I made. Oh my, I’m a domestic diva. Whatever it is, there is a little bounce in my step this morning.
I’m sitting here with my coffee, catching up on reading the NYT and WaPo (I’ve never denied being a flaming liberal). Then on to making the Christmas list that Peg and el padre have requested (and I have no shame-it will be posted). Loving the fact that when there aren’t 150 people swarming about, I can actually take time to think and coherently do work. Not to mention, Uggs-no matter how fugly- make comfy feet and comfy feet are conducive to a comfy work environment.

Edit to add: I'm now watching Law & Order (the best show ever in life) and I'm having a really difficult time, not imagining Jesse Martin telling Sam Waterston that he'll cover him in 1,000 sweet kisses or that he'd die without him, or that he'd like to go to Santa Fe.

14 Comments:

Blogger TinaPoPo said...

Mmmmm comfy feet and egg nog. So Christmasy!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

Yay! Glad it's off to a good start, and I am sure it will end with a bang!

You deserve it this morning.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

I have one of those t-shirts! I wish I were wearing uggs today.

12:16 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

OH MY GOD! PLEEEEEEASE bring those chocolate chip PB cookies to happy hour and save me one...

12:29 PM  
Blogger Namaste said...

Thank god for Uggs, but best of all, may the goddess bless you and your "flaming" liberalism. It's refreshing. We need more of you. Many more... :P

12:58 PM  
Blogger Mappy B said...

i wish i could afford some nice uggs! i love those new boots.

2:00 PM  
Blogger wunelle said...

You had me at "cookies."

2:44 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

tinapopo: though comfy feet and egg nog are christmasy, it's like 61 degrees here in the shade.

sharkie: thanks girl, I hope this lasts into the evening or at least until 3PM

lizzie: no, you're wearing heels and I'm shaking my head at you. Poor girl.

DCC: I've saved you a cookie

Namaste: I'm hoping that my "flaming liberalism" leads to good karma. But no such luck thus far, because the evil conservatives just keep on winning.

MappyB: these aren't the new ones, they're my utilitarian-only boots in size 11 uggs, but still comfy. Tomorrow I might have to rock the ugg clogs.

Wunelle: the cookies were mighty tasty.

2:51 PM  
Blogger wunelle said...

I'm terrified that some Law Person (i.e. Lizzie or Noisette) will burst my bubble and tell me that Law & Order is not really the law, when it's the only damn TV show I can bear to watch.

How will they ever replace Sam Watterston next year?

5:15 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Wunelle: Umm Sam Waterston. Leaving??? I need to go curl up in the fetal position and cry now.
First Jerry, now Sam. If Jesse leaves, I'm done and my loyalties will like with Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

I had to google "uggs" :-(

1:27 AM  
Blogger darlin nikki said...

peanut butter cookies!! you've found my ultimate weakness! i'm putty in ur hands

1:42 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Yay Uggs! Love them!

And L& A is awesome :-)

9:36 AM  
Blogger green_canary said...

I have never seen a full episode of Law and Order in my life, but now that I know Tom Collins stars in it? I'm all over that like white on rice, baby. I just hope he wears the little beanie cap.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.