My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy Thank Your First Commenter Day

Subtitled: Neil is awesome for giving me something to write about while I think of something clever…therefore this post may be up for a very long time, cause the hits, they’re not coming.

The lovely Neil, in a way to bring together Thanksgiving and Blogging, has thought of Thank Your First Commenter Day, as a way to give thanks to the first person who commented on your blog. How many of us really think about the first person who noticed us and said “hey”? Do you even still acknowledge your first commenter’s presence? Or have they since long gone and left the blogosphere, never to return again?

My first commenter was way back in August* (cause you know August was so freaking long ago, where oh where has the time gone?) by Lady Natasha. The sad thing is though, that I’ve since seen Natasha’s name once or twice around blog world and have only read her blog once, the day she commented. So, me, being the nice person that I am, would like to thank Lady Natasha for the following comment:

Wow, what a great blog- - I’m definitely bookmarking you!
Best wishes,
Natasha
www.postcardlife.blogspot.com

It really was a very nice comment on my very young blog that has since become the one of the coolest places to be, right up there with Riker’s Island. In all seriousness, thank you Natasha for being my first commenter** and giving this little blog of mine hope.

Now if you too have nothing to post and/or are feeling nice and would like to thank your first commenter, you may participate as well in just four easy steps:

1. Go into your archives and find the first person who ever commented on your blog.
2. Copy the URL and a special thank-you message — and post it either in my comments OR on your own site.
3. If you don’t have any comments yet, don’t feel like a loser. Did the Pilgrims give up? Of course not. They just stole from the Indians. Just write a comment here at "No Pasa Nada" about how much of a loser you are and pretty soon, everyone will come to you, showing pity. In this competitive blogging world, you have to use whatever works.
4. Happy "Thank Your First Commenter Day!"

*If you read that post and then make fun of me, I’ll have to drop kick your ass
** for the record my second commenter was some girl named Lizzie. No clue what happened to her though. Never read her blog either.

20 Comments:

Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

My first commenter was Perez Hilton. I felt like I'd been kissed by the Gods!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Sub Girl said...

haha this is a fun idea.

rc: perez hilton?? omg, that's a true blogger celeb!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

Yeah, and his comment was, "You're a sexy bitch!"

AWESOME!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

Mine was Asian Mistress herself. It was the night of the most recent blogger happy hour-she told me to come out and join and pick up some tips!

What a fun idea, a good distraction from today.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

My first commenter was Scott of the blog "Dirty Old Man Seeks Pretty Young Thing." hmm.

Fun game... and educational too! I just saw that someone recently commented on the first post I ever wrote. Now I feel all self-conscious about those early ones though. I was a young, green blogger back then.

And I was your second commenter? woohoo!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Noisette said...

Mine was St. Dickeybird the Blasphemous. Still my most faithful commenter. Thank you St. Dickeybird!
www.dickeybird.blogspot.com

12:36 PM  
Blogger the belligerent intellectual said...

I think my first commentor was my mom. Hold on, I can't get this knife across my wrists while typing...

1:26 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

Sadly I can't thank my first. Haloscan deletes your comments once you hit 175...Yes, I could spend the 12 dollars a year to keep ALL of my comments, but I'm cheap.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

RC: Ok honestly didn't know who Perez Hilton was until just now, but very cool

Sub girl: all of this is courtesy of the citizen of the month.

Sharkie: gotta love the Asian Mistress. You better come to happy hour!

Lizzie: hmm indeed. And yes you were my second commenter, you had just caught the blogging bug after reading the NYT article on SK.

Noisette: You were actually my third commenter. It's good to have faithful commenters though.

BI: hahahaha, my mom knows I have a blog and never reads it. I guess I should be appreciative of that

MKD: it's the thought that counts

2:46 PM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Oooh, I'll have to do that!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

Yes Yes RC just came by my cube and asked...I will be at the Happy Hour. I might be a little on the earlier side, as I should go right from work because I live further away and it'd be a pain to go home and then come in..but anyway..lol

I will be there. Maybe like 7ish. Ugh, means an extra 1/2 hour in the office...ew! :-)

Will you still be there by then?

3:31 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Sharkie: Yes I will be there by then. Last time I was the first person there, next to Kathryn that is. And oddly enough she knew who I was right when I got there.

3:56 PM  
Blogger wunelle said...

My first commenter was Derek Stubbs. But he helped me get going, so it almost doesn't count (not that I'm ungrateful for his help!).

My first "real" comment (from someone who stumbled across my blog) came after a couple weeks and was Joshua. Then one from my ex wife.

Neither of whom called me a sexy bitch.

Damnit.

4:29 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

My first commenters were Kathryn and Webcowgirl, both friends in real life. I want to say Sara from Butterfly Network was my first blogosphere commenter. I miss her daily posts!

6:27 PM  
Blogger babyjewels said...

that's a really nice idea. I'm not even sure who mine was. I'm going to check.

7:14 PM  
Blogger ocg said...

Miss H.B.-

This is a great idea.... but I don't have any great "de-virginizing" commenter story like so many others... much like my life... (sigh)

;-)

-OCG

7:58 PM  
Blogger F.Cali said...

Our first commenter at Las F was commenting on something we rarely do anymore--music commentary. They said:
"Thanks for the song recommendations. If would be great if you continued to do so."

PS Rhinestone Cowgirl, I hate you. If only I could get Perez on our website we'd HAVE IT MADE.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

Well, I should note that I didn't get another comment - from anybody - for another month, at least!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

What about Thank Your Most Recent Commenter Day? ;-)

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Have read a few of your posts. Enjoyed the Boot Scootin' memories 'specially.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Now wasn't that fun kids?! Next week it will be Happy Thank HB for being so freaking awesome day. It'll be fun. Trust me.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.