My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 07, 2005

High Low: The Weekend Edition

"Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? " ~Winnie the Pooh

High: Friday brought the weekend

Low: I fell walking out of my apartment and ripped my favorite jeans.

High: Took myself on a date to Georgetown, that included seeing Shopgirl, Nars lip laquer (from Sephora), and five guys.

Low: Shopgirl made me want to kill myself, because I am ALONE. So alone that I don’t even have a “blip” on the radar screen. Nothing. Nada. Damn.

High: I opened a “play money” checking account at PNC. I’m on my way to financial freedom/a balanced budget.

Low: I lost my check card and Bank of American can kiss my black ass. Why is it that “if you’ve lost something or had it stolen” number 20 on the list of options. Fuckers.

High: My aunt came on Saturday and I got to go grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s. My favorite pastime.

Low: Saturday night, my friend from Spain, Nick, had a party. Nothing like being sober while a bunch of drunk college kids fall down stairs and lose their shoes. Yes, this happened. God, I miss it.

High: I ate at Georgia Brown’s Jazz Brunch. I gained like 15 lbs.

Low: My run was so fucked up because I ate too much and I missed out on golfing.

High: Sunday night tv

Low: Desperate Housewives is starting to blow. Hard.

High: NYC this weekend.

Low: I’m driving up there sans ipod. Apple sucks a whole freaking lot.

High: Laguna Beach is on tonight. Will LC get back with Jason? Will Kristen stop being a dumb bitch? Will Jessica get a grip and find someone else besides Jason to obsess about?

Low (which has nothing to do with Laguna): I’ve turned into the most boring person ever. I need someone or something to shake things up. I’ve hit a wall. A lull if you will in the life of a post-grad. I feel like the next exciting thing to happen won’t be until Prague. Actually this weekend should be fun. Shopping, Serendipity frozen hot chocolate with a very special person (which I will write about later), and Bliss Spa massage.

One more low: I can’t write in anything but random randomness. What happened to my pretty paragraphs and non run-on sentences? There used to be structure to my writing, chaos to my life. Now it’s the opposite. My brain is mush, but I can comprehend the happenings of my life. What the hell is going on with me? Things, they are a-changing.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sharkbait said...

Did you like ShopGirl? I just picked up the book at a book sale for 1$ on Saturday. I hope the book is good, because then I will want to see the movie...Let me know what you think!

And yes, I'm officially back on the dark side!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Other than wanting to kill yourself, how'd you like Shopgirl? I LOVED it. (Because I know you were dying to know.)

I hate BofA too. I won't go into the million reasons why because that would require starting a whole new blog solely devoted to how much BofA sucks, but know that I feel your pain.

Is it really pathetic that when I woke up this morning my first thought was that Guna is on tonight and it made me happy? Is it even more pathetic that I hope LC takes JWahl back? Wait, don't answer that.

And finally (because this comment has gone on way too long already), I love the random randomness! but then again, you know I'm partial to cognitive diarrhea.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Sharkbait: yes I enjoyed it, and so happy that you're back!

Lizzie: see above. But it's just hard to watch a) alone and b) knowing there's no one to go home to. Now that shit's depressing. If BofA didn't have a monopoly, I would kick their asses to the curb. Glad that you enjoy my random randomness. I aim to please.

3:24 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

Are you bipolar? You might want to look into that.

But I must say I'm terribly sorry about the jeans. That's the worse thing ever.

5:57 PM  
Blogger mysterygirl! said...

The BofA thing makes no sense-- that should be the first option, since when your check card is missing you are immediately panicking... and sorry about the jeans!

Hey, as a member of Team Kristin I take offense to your statements... :) Seriously, though, maybe she and LC are gonna make nice at her barbecue tonight... ugh, I'm so pathetic.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

mkd: yes I might be bipolar, though my therapist has yet to tell me. I was really upset about the jeans, the worst part is that I had to go back in and change and therefore was late to work on the one friday that I really couldn't be late.

MG:I was about to flip my shit on BofA, I was contemplating how loudly I would yell the next morning when I went to get all my money (ha!) out. Seriously though, it should be option one not option 956. Hopefully I'll get to catch Laguna tonight since I'm babysitting (for one of the cutest babies in the blogosphere).

8:35 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

How depressing was Shopgirl?

I watched that movie and was like, jeez - this is going to make people want to kill themselves. There's no upside, you know?

10:52 AM  
Blogger Mappy B said...

nars, five guys, GEORGIA BROWNS! i've been wanting to go there forever. you have a good life - i'm done feeling sorry for you. :)
i understand your apple frustrations, my nano locked up this morning and i freaked out. perhaps because it was stuck on freedom 90 by george michael and i thought i would have to go to apple and show them. gasp. i think i should be more embarrassed that that song is on there, but i'm not. color me badd is on there too. ah, i feel better after admitting that.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.