My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Petulent Child

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. " ~Walt Disney

I have a problem. A minor problem until today and only today because this is something that has been bothering me for awhile. But now I must do something about this problem because I might flip the fuck out. That would be bad. I’ve also been told that dealing with this problem would make me more of an adult. I’d rather be a child. Naptimes and all. Sadly though, this problem falls under the purview of things that I could never tell you people about even though I really really want to. And in reality only three things fall under that category.

I am thankful for my $140 an hour therapist. And I am also thankful for Blue Cross/ Blue Shield for covering it. I’m thankful for the Acela and that it will be whisking me away from here. I am also thankful that my mother didn’t break my legs off when she found out I charged my Acela ticket to her credit card. Thankful that there will be stuffing and wine and a much needed break from this bullshit. And most importantly thankful that I do not refer to Albany as 518, the 518, five.one.eight, the Gspot or any other ridiculous name. Because seriously.

Ok I lied. Not only am I a petulent child, or at least have been led to believe that I am such, I am also chicken shit and I will not be dealing with this problem today. Right now, suffering in silence seems like a much better option and no longer will I bother others with this problem. The end.

Now, go thank your first blogger!

9 Comments:

Blogger wunelle said...

Hmmm. Mystery. Danger. Daring. Romance. Intrigue.

Or maybe just some fucked up shit!

We'll never know ;-)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Mappy B said...

We could totally invent our own problem that you are suffering from, and it would be way worse than your actual problem. Then, you will feel better knowing that your problem isn't as bad as our f'ed up imaginations. Happy Thanksgiving!

6:46 PM  
Blogger ocg said...

Heather B.-

Denial is not just a river in Egypt... And I live more happily each and everyday because of that small fact...

;-)

sad but true

-OCG

7:45 PM  
Blogger Sub Girl said...

hrm. i wonder if my insurance co. would pay for a therapist! i could realize use it.

8:28 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

Did you know that Walt Disney hated jews? Me either. Or maybe I'm just making it up. I like starting rumors. Do you have herpes?

9:22 PM  
Blogger green_canary said...

Blue Cross/Blue Shield is THE BEST. They cover my therapist too. Woo woo!

10:19 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Thank heavens for insurance supported therapy! Take a break, have a great time and deal with the yucky stuff when you get me back. Trust me as a therapy survivor when I say it will still be there ;-)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Wunelle: some fucked up shit indeed. Ahh I love secrets.

Mappy B: bloggers with f'ed up imaginations?? nooo never. Happy thanksgiving to you as well!

OCG: so so true

Subgirl: you should totally check. And while I was being half sarcastic with that, it's a pretty good idea.

MKD: ummm no that's not my problem. But thanks for playing.

green canary: John Kerry has BCBS as well, or so he announced 67 times during the debates last year. God I can't wait for another presidential year.

LisaB: I actually stopped seeing my therapist for four months while I went to Madrid and all my shit was still here when I returned, so yay for BCBS.

Happy Thanksgiving you guys/girls!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Tanisha said...

come on woman and tell.. shpill the beans

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.