My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Affected and Affianced

It had been planned to do a recap* about the consumption of five glasses of wine and subsequently telling RC that I was happy that she was happy about 45 times. And maybe something in there about meeting Sharkbait and Subgirl and that I spent 20 minutes talking EJs ear off about how normal Stephanie Klein is. There were even plans for a later post about the foul mood I’ve been in since 6:15 AM, which subsequently lead me to go on a “run” (albeit a hungover one) to the office because I thought I forgot something.

Yes, there are good intentions.

Until real life kicks in and kicks the foul mood right out of you. Real life when you’re so fucking happy for someone that you yourself can’t even enjoy your Cosi bagel. So I’ll leave you with that brief recap of last night, and sit here and smile and enjoy another happy day. All I can say that it’s nice to have someone to live vicariously through. Even if it is something I’m not sure I would ever want for myself I can still be really happy, and scream things like ‘holy motherfucker’ in the office.

Addendum: it's been really hard to get any work done today. Like any. Especially with all this platinum and diamonds flying around. I'm lucky my retinas are still intact, because seriously. Though once again, intentions people, I thought hard about being productive, but that hasn't come to pass.

*you can read about it here or here

15 Comments:

Blogger Sharkbait said...

It was so great to meet you!!!! I am glad we both had the chance to hang a bit.

And thanks for the walk to the metro station.

We will definately have to get together again girl.
Smile, and have a spectacular day. It's almost Friday!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Sub Girl said...

ha, nice meeting you last night!

10:46 AM  
Blogger TinaPoPo said...

I'm so jealous! You lucky bloggers. I want a happy hour. Can't you all just come to Philly?

10:58 AM  
Blogger ejtakeslife said...

I had so much fun talking with you last night! Only other bloggers can understand our silliness : )

11:04 AM  
Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

Hungover jogging, eh?

I'm thinking I'm going to pass on that particular activity, though drunk jogging can be quite entertaining.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

glad to hear you had a good time!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Hope you enjoyed the drink!

1:11 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

You are a fucking riot... I think I voted for you for biggest lush. I'll share my trophy with you ;-)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Sharkie: I think I should be thanking you for the walk to the metro station since I was about 12 sheets to the wind. And yes we most certainly need to get together again soon!

Sub girl: It was great to FINALLY meet you as well!

TinaPoPo: I'm all for a Philly trip.

EJ: glad I didn't bore you to tears with that. It was great to meet you too.

Armaedes: the hungover jog sucked ass. the end.

Lizzie: It was a good time, but of course missed you!

Phil: thanks for the points (and drink)!

DCC: aww thanks!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Mappy B said...

Oooo ooo, a bloggers happy hour! Pick me! Pick me! Sounds like a good night, and it's fun you all got to meet up. I managed to drink too much last night as well, although it was at Dr. Dremo's during a beer special...

5:43 PM  
Blogger Disgruntled said...

who the fuck says you can't swear at work?

9:05 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

"I thought hard about being productive, but that hasn't come to pass"

productivity is like a gift... it's the thought that counts.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Mappy B: you know everytime I go to Dr. Dremo's I drink too much as well. Love that place

Disgruntled: I swear at work all the time but I yelled 'holy motherfucker' as loud as possible. But that's what happens when you see something the size of a boulder on someone's 'important' finger (and I'm not talking about the middle finger)

Lizzie: yesterday I was happy and got nothing done, today I'm miserable and I doubt I'll get anything done. blah.

9:34 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

5 glasses of wine? Dang, I wish I was 21 again ;-)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

OMG I am so jealous, I have never done hungover jogging and I consider myself a prolofic jogger. I must try this soon. Glad to meet you Wed. night...you hid the drunkiness well because I think I met you on your way out and had no idea.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.