My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Blogology

Yesterday upon leaving work, I whipped out a Marlboro. Not only had it been a tedious day, but I was just pissed in general, the tip of the iceberg being blogger. Fuckheads. Yes, blogger pissed me off yesterday, to the point that when I got home and had fretted about how it was going to be a pain in the ass to move all my shit to typepad and then have 30 people change their link to my blog on their blog and the thoughts that they would forget about me and all would be lost. Yes, this shit stressed me out.

My blog has started to run my life.

I never thought I’d utter those words and that I would read an email with the subject heading EMERGENCY! From a fellow blogger* – upset about sitemeter no less – and think of that as an actual emergency.

Is there something wrong with me in these cases? When Sir Bone gave me the solution to my blogger problem, I blew a kiss southward to Alabama, because really, that shit was pissing me off. So maybe I am a little odd, though I’ve never claimed not to be. Maybe I enjoy blogging a little too much and even when it pisses me off and I can’t find anything interesting to write about, I still get a little sad about leaving the blogosphere. I can’t tell you all how many times I’ve been so very close to deleting the blog. I don’t know, I guess it’s just the nature of the beast. And no matter where I go, I’ll always have a love hate relationship with blogging. But it’s always nice to know that I’m not the only one.

*update*
When reading this, I was a little worried about what not to share about my blogging habits and what to share. For example, if I'm at an event or doing something, I start to write the blog entry in my head. And like Bone said in my comments, if I don't like my current blog entry, I'll think about it all day long. Also, now that I've been linked to other blogs which have considerably higher traffic than I, I'm now starting to get worried that their readers will hate me. For example, Amalah readers who think I'm going to be just as funny and witty. HA! I'm so not. But I can tell you how craptacular life is during the Quarter Life Crisis and that I have to babysit, even though I love Noah, because I'm broke. But other than that, so not funny.

Now, dear blovers, what are your blog issues? Do tell.

*update 2*
have I mentioned that I really love sitemeter? Like really. So please delurk and say 'Hi'.
Speaking of sitemeter, someone found my blog by looking up "fuck babysitter" on MSN.com and also by searching for "dealing with disgruntle co-workers". For the record, I'm not getting any and my co-workers aren't disgruntle. Sorry to disappoint.
Also I've just made it so people who don't have blogger accounts can comment. So delurk!

*this blogger shall remain nameless

28 Comments:

Blogger green_canary said...

Ah, blogging... Love/Hate is the nature of the beast. I find that I now rate my experiences on a scale of Blog Worthiness. "Will this be blog worthy? No? Then I'm not doing it." And that? That is demented.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

I have found my blog completely affecting my entire mood more and more recently.

I've stayed up until 1 AM just so I could finish a blog entry and have it up for that day.

If I feel like I've written a good entry, I'm happy the rest of the day. Meanwhile, if I don't like what I wrote on a particular day, it's constantly in the back of my mind the whole day.

I'm probably more extreme than others, but I've actually thought about doing a similar post about all this.

PS: Hope I didn't ruin everyone's Christmas surprise :-)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

GC: or how about this, I will write a blog entry in my head while I'm doing something or at an event and then have to write it right when I get to the computer. And if I'm unimpressed with my entry, I get upset and delete the entire thing. That? Demented.

Bone: I've become really particular about what I write about based on who has my link on their blog. I'm constantly afraid that I won't impress someone with my entries.

You made my Christmas awesome, and I might still go to typepad. Did you see how pretty it is??

1:10 PM  
Blogger Mappy B said...

i just posted my response on my own blog. sorry, it was too long to post here. although i don't think it solves anything, just my random thoughts on the same subject.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Pia Talks said...

Relate a lot to what Bone said, but I am running the song for Bone, contest.

Which in itself worries me because it can anger other people.

Then I can have almost sleepless nights if people de-blogroll because they don't like my politics

It's a growing and serious problem

www.courtingdestiny.com

2:06 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

It is pretty.

I don't care how you want to fix your blog. Just as long as you don't stop blogging completely. Now that concerns me.

There have been a few entries that I was hesitant to post, thinking they were too personal or just not very good, and it turned out people really liked them. So you never know...

2:16 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Now we know how the media feels. Everything is a walking potential blog entry...

2:24 PM  
Blogger Boozie said...

Hi, have you read mine lately? It's all about my dog or my boyfriend.

I used to be funny.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

MappyB: read your response and commented on it. no worries.

Pia: It makes me sad when people de-blogroll. But it has yet to happen to me, mostly I'm taking people off of my blog roll. Did I mention that I'm a bitch?

Bone: I promise not to leave, at least for awhile. But really I'm kind of annoyed with you, and all I can hear in my head is Nelly/Diddy. you're a butthead.

DCC: wow that's how my aunt feels. She tells me not to write anything she says right after she says something really amusing. Eh, whatever.

Boozie: but your dog is so cute! so I'll forgive you.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

The way my blog rules my life? Well, I try to figure out what I will blog on that day while I shower in the morning.

Oh, and if I wake up in the middle of the night...I think about it.

Except last night I worried about where in the heck I am going to put this baby in a ONE BEDROOM apartment.

Blah, blah, blah...

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

That was really inconsiderate of that blogger to send you an email with "EMERGENCY" as the title over something as trivial as sitemeter. That could have given you a heart attack.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Isabel: wait what, you're having a baby?? have you gotten that crib yet? And I still say you're going to be a cool mom.

Lizzie: I won't lie, I did get a little worried and I thought that that blogger was dead or something. Because hello! I worry about my bloggers...

5:07 PM  
Blogger AnnaBana said...

I'll spend an entire day on my post sometimes. It completely ruins my ability to function at work sometimes. I try to do it during lunch, but then it ends up taking way longer, and then the second half of my day is just shot. Don't tell my boss!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Namaste said...

I feel you entirely.

What is this site meter? Why am I the last one to know?

9:41 PM  
Blogger Larissa said...

already i'm feeling the pressure! i feel like i need to prove to people that read my blog that i'm still on my V-card mission!

11:43 PM  
Blogger keking said...

Since you said you like the sitemeter, I am delurking to say "hi" from the midwest! I too compose blog entries in my head as the day brings me 'things'. The only difference is that I don't even have a blog, I just enjoy reading them!

Have a happy holiday - Kirsten

9:30 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Anna: I do the same...it's all good (I hope)

Nam: sitemeter is this thing you can put on your blog to track how many people visit, how they got to your site and their location. And it also is a form of OCD...

Larissa: heh..me too ;-)

Keking: that's the spirit! thanks!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, Bozzie, DC Cookie, Sub Girl and more,

I read your blogs everyday and I love them! You are all funny, intelligent and write well. Keep up the good work and enjoy what you do. Thanks for keeping me so entertained. And I'm glad you finally turned on the anonymous comment :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger wunelle said...

Yeah, it's funny how these things get under out skin. I was feeling a bit of stress at being so busy this month, since I really don't have time to blog (and one fears losing one's few readers by never having anything new to read, etc., etc.). How silly; I don't know ANYONE who reads my blog except for my family (who can't get rid of me anyway).

Silly.

Great post, tho! (And don't you DARE delete your blog!)

10:57 AM  
Anonymous wry said...

Must be Christmas. Blogger chaps your ass and yet you find a way to do something simple and giving and beautiful like letting us non-bloggers post a comment. Ah, sweet release.

Been wanting to say things for a while. Let the festivities begin.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Anonymous: I will speak for all of us and say thank you.

Wunelle: funny, I tried to get my family to read my blog and they won't. And there will be no deleting. Maybe moving, but no deleting

Wry: just as long as you're nice. But thanks.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

Did someone say Festivus?!

Oh.. festivities.

Am I out of the doghouse yet?

11:35 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

"I can't explain it but damn sure glad you came here"

I suppose so.

11:42 AM  
Blogger MemeStream said...

I've only just begun this journey... or shall I call it descent into Blog. Right now, Everything's an entry composed in my head. Very little makes it to my two blogs, and that's good. No need to vomit entries when you're a newbie. It really does make quite a mess.

11:45 PM  
Blogger EKWisdom said...

I'm delurking!! :) Found you on Amalah, of which I am a huge fan. Keep rockin' the funny! That's what we blogosphere addicts LIVE for.

11:44 AM  
Blogger NotCarrie said...

Oh I'm addicted to statcounter...it's insane and must be run by the CIA;)


And I'm so bad that on my rides home from things I've considered using the voice memo part of my phone to remember blog ideas! ahh!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous story25 said...

Hi. I'm trying to "delurk." I've tried to write a blog about 7 times but have failed to keep it up every time... so instead I just read other peoples'. I found you through amalah!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurking! Hi :)
--DAnonymous

p.s. Word ver: "mitpsy" -- Me tipsy ?

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.