My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

HOLLA!days

"Holidays are enticing only for the first week or so. After that, it is no longer such a novelty to rise late and have little to do." ~Margaret Laurence

When I first read about it, I thought that I could never become afflicted with the dreaded illness. I thought that I could get through the holidays and keep everything status quo. But alas my friends, it has happened. I've become one of the evil bloggers who cannot blog while on vacation. And when I do finally put up a post*, it doesn't look the same in Firefox as it does in Explorer. Blow me.

God damn narcissism; I write about myself and what's going on in MY life. What if nothing is going on? Do you really care to read about how I spend a vacation in upstate NY? I sit and watch hours and hours worth of Law and Order and the OC. I go shopping at Woodbury Commons and then I sit on my ass some more. I think of some good resolutions (that I may or may not be sharing with you people...I might jinx myself) and go to Fridays. I endure conversations comparing one Louis Vuitton bag to another and contemplate ways to kill myself now that I've lost 45 minutes of my life "there's $1800 worth of bags on the table". Lord. I also contemplate going skiing, but alas not. I'd rather be golfing and no, I don't own snowpants.

There you have it; my first post-collegiate Christmas Vacation. Honestly, the same as before, just on a shorter scale, which means that I am forced to get my ass into gear, venture out and face the masses. Oh, the horror! Except this time there were no grades to check, no GPA's to worry about. There will be no books to purchase or new group projects with stupid whores (oops did I say that outloud?) to worry about. I'm at that point in the vacation where I know that in just a few days, things will start anew, but I'm still in a semi-rut. But have no fear my friends, I will return just as snarky, witty and lovely as ever; and you will remember this vacation of mine, when I was nowhere to be found and you will think longingly and wonder why I came back in the first place.

Lucky me. Lucky you.



*for those of you who may be drinking and reading at the same time ::ahem:: I will repost my last post when I can get it to not look retarted. Put the pinot down...

14 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

"what if nothing is going on?"

I blogged about being on hold on the phone today for christ's sake!

And honestly, is there anything more interesting than the OC? Seriously.

I've put the pinot down but replaced it with shiraz. Does that count? (In my defense, I've been trapped in suburbia for days.)

12:30 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I WANT SHIRAZ! What I would do for a bottle of yellowtail right now. If only you could've seen me Christmas Eve...it was pretty good. Since then though, nothing except for a Miller Light earlier tonight.

And I'll raise you your "trapped in suburbia defense" with trapped in Upstate New York suburbia for days. Beat that.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

If you're near Woodbury Commons, I have no sympathy for you. Not only am I at least 15 minutes by car from the nearest Starbucks, I almost hit not one, but TWO deer on the way there! That just ain't right. That just ain't right.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

don't hate.

;-)

The closest Starbucks is a mile away but I still need to get there by car. There was a deer in my backyard yesterday. so there!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Why put the Pinot down? What is everyone's obesession with putting the Pinot down? I say "Pick it up!" In fact, I'm going to get a glass right .... now.

I saw your comment on Lizzie's page about how no one comments on your page, and it made me sad, so I stopped by. I've been to your page before but all the talk of designer handbags made me jealous so I had to step out. I'll try to get past the jealousy and visit more often.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

My BF bought me 7 bottles of Pinot Grigio for xmas, along with a new set of tires (isn't it romantic?). I think I'll make it my goal to finish all of them before school starts again on 1/3.

Go back to school! Get a masters degree. Or become a teacher so you are always in school. The pay sucks but you get to work with kids (well, in my case, teenagers) and, three words, JUNE JULY AUGUST!! It's the perfect career for those of us who are reluctant to go into the real world of 9-5, 2 weeks vaca, TPS Reports and cubicles.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I say put the pinot down out of jealousy. I wish I had some pinot.

:-(

So this means that by being hopelessly pathetic I can get commenters. AWESOME. Don't worry about the designer handbags, I talk about other things like my disdain for Republicans, the OC, shopping at Trader Joe's and the 1,345 reasons for why I want to go back to college.

Exciting stuff here. No wonder no one comments.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Sub Girl said...

all I did was watch endless episodes of Scrubs while at my parents' house. nothing wrong with hours upon hours of tv.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

I too watched hours of Law and Order (they're having a New Year's Day marathon by the way) and went shopping at good ol' Carousel Center....

That's about it!

And now I am at work jammin' to Bryan Adams...I leave you to your own thoughts on that! :-)

I heart you-we need to get together!

10:12 AM  
Blogger blake said...

I thought I was loosing my mind when I checked your blog this am and found the black & whites gone.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Larissa said...

if it helps at all, i became a total nerd over break. Every time I got a free moment I was sticking my face in a book. I'm reading 'Wicked' right now and I can't stop!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

SG: Amen to that

Sharkie!: I will email you when I get back into town.

Blake: no, you're not losing your mind, i just need to redo that post so that it looks normal in Firefox and Explorer. Ugh. They'll be back later today after I watch another disc of the OC.

Larissa: funny you should mention Wicked as I found out on christmas that close family friends of ours are very very good friends with the Maguire family (Gregory wrote Wicked). I'm well on my way to free tickets and a signed copy of the book.

Oh and I'm a total nerd as well, see above, I'm worrying about firefox over explorer.

12:26 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Christ I know a lot of people with Upstate (primarily Syracuse and surrounding) roots. I think there must be discount one-way fare from there to the DC Metro area for Upstaters and Pittsburghers.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.