My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Holy Nepotism Batman

I have a friend* who is new(ish) to a particular place where the people that s/he encounters on a regular basis have all known each other for years. While s/he, being the new kid on the block, may not know that many people s/he still makes attempts to be friendly to those around him/her. That said, as of late, my friend has felt the affects of these relationships and has been noticing that despite his/her attempts to make nice with these people, they have been rather futile. These folks have been known to blatantly be rude to my friend and generally not acknowledge his/her presence. So what is a boy/girl to do? S/he has to deal with these people semi-regularly. My suggestion was that s/he, dramatically roll his/her eyes whenever spoken to by these people, because obviously if my friend isn’t good enough to be polite to on a regular basis, then s/he should feel no need to be polite back to these people. Kindness begets kindness people. It’s gotten to a point where right now my friend is on the verge of tears and/or flipping the fuck out on some deserving soul. Which may or may not be a good thing. Personally, I’m all for kicking ass and being a flaming bitch. But that’s just me.


*I swear I’m not lying. A friend.

5 Comments:

Blogger babyjewels said...

That sucks. I hate idiots like that. If its possible, I hope your friend will avoid these dorks as much as she/he can.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

S/he should have an operation to become a boy or a girl once and for all. hahaha

sorry, that was lame.

Is this a work situation? Because if it is, then I think this person has no choice but to continue being polite. Not in a overdone way, but polite nonetheless. If it's not work, then fuck 'em.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

"an overdone way" that should read.

pardon the idiocy.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

I'm pretty well lost here. Pick a pronoun!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Tanisha said...

I say act rude back. Fuck that kill'em with kindness crap, it never works. be a bitch or a asshole back. Whichever works. It will release the pressure so that s/he doesn't blow up later. Than they will respect her/him more.. IMHO

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.