My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Just Breathe

I have no confidence in myself to do anything. I second guess myself 14 times a day, which has turned me into a neurotic superfreak (not of the Rick James persuasion, thank you very much), who tears up at the slightest hint of responsibility. I feel like I shouldn’t be left to be responsible for anything and like there should always be someone to look over my shoulder, making sure I get my shit done. While I am growing out of this – albeit, slowly – I still feel that it’s not ok to say, leave me alone in the office for an entire morning. Are you fucking crazy? I will fuck up. I can’t be left alone. There needs to be someone in charge. That’s what Neurotic Freak HB (NFHB) says. Rational HB (RHB) says, ‘dumbass. It’s not fucking brain surgery.’ And really it isn’t. It’s just me being psychotic. I mean, people leave me alone with their precious two month olds but I can’t answer a fucking phone and solve a minor problem?? Are you kidding me? Needless to say, I need to calm the fuck down and realize that if I can’t answer the phone then I shouldn’t be here. And if I can’t do basic things, and have no confidence in myself to be left alone for four hours, then I’m sure my boss will think the same and I will be homeless. Let me tell you, while McDonald’s does give their employees benefits; I wouldn’t look too good in the uniform; and where the hell would I find a coach bag to match the outfit?

7 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Take a VERY deep breath. Repeat. Repeat again.

YOU WILL BE FINE.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

Yes, relax and everything will be okay. Tomorrow is Friday, that is a plus!

:-)


Big Hug

9:41 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

It's normal to be nervous about things like that. NFHB just proves that you care about doing a good job. It's a good thing!

Plus, I could be wrong but I don't think McD's lets their employees wear fuck-me boots either.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Mappy B said...

Oh yeah, no FMB's at McD's. Don't be too overwhelmed and try not to let the pressure get to you. Think, you can add 'Running the Office' to your resume now. Kudos on the responsibility boost!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Sub Girl said...

yes relax. i'm not the best person to tell you that, but that's what people tell me :)

1:28 PM  
Blogger AJH said...

No they definately don't make a coach bad to match the McD's uniform.
I'll tell you the same thing I tell all of my neurotic coworkers: Breathe, now you can handle this. Really you can.
Now go lock NFHB in the broom closet for a few hours, so you can get your work done.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

LisaB: I breathed a lot today, and so far so good

Sharkie: I'd be excited that tomorrow is friday, but tomorrow is the day that I'm being left alone.


Lizzie: are yuo kidding?? No fuck me boots?? damn it. But they do have good diet coke and fries.

MappyB: I'm glad that someone has faith in me.

SG: it always interesting telling someone to relax after you have been told to do just that, but I'll take your advise and try to do so.

AJH: away in the closet she goes.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.