My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Let's Get Hypothetical

"Get mad, then get over it. " ~Colin Powell

I realized that I was no longer shy and able to stand up for myself the day that Lauren Narkoweiz took ‘my seat’ on the school bus and I hit her over the head with a rolled up poster that I had been carrying. Though that was a violent tactic, it got her to move and I felt all powerful. In 8th grade people were scared of me because I might hit them. But this was better than everyone calling me names, at least now I wasn’t afraid to fight back. While this was a good tactic from 8th grade through 12th grade, it doesn’t work so well now at the age of 22. I find it difficult to just breathe and relax, while attempting to see how just how many ways I can use the word cunt in a proper sentence. For the record, I just found about 50 ways to use it. I can tell you one thing for sure, if you yell at me for no fucking reason and speak to me like I’m your goddamn child, then I have no choice but to use a few choice words about you. Thankfully though, I’ve learned to curb this behavior and keep it to myself and two other interested parties. But if you cannot be mature and learn to wipe your own ass and get your facts straight, who’s to say that I need to do so in return?
You know, hypothetically speaking.
Now, I shall heed the words of the esteemed General and get over it.

15 Comments:

Blogger Bone said...

I'm still singing Rick James from the last post... She's a very kinky girl...

I like your quotes. It adds a nice touch to the blog.

What was on the poster?

3:07 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Bone: ahh Superfreak sing along...awesome.
I think that there may have been a unicorn on the poster. Or a giant dildo. can't quite remember.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

Or a giant Unicorn dildo?

6:16 PM  
Blogger The Girl Who said...

Oh shit! Go on with your bad self... I fixed my blog so's you can post now. Don't know what was up. Your writing is becoming more jagged and real.. Am diggin' it.

6:27 PM  
Blogger babyjewels said...

Hey, sometimes you gotta pull it out or 'they'll' walk all over ya. Power to you.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

There are way more than 50 ways of using it!

I was talking to someone last night he thinks its a great word, but if we use it too much then what do we have left? He's right - so I'm trying to wean myself off it...its going to be hard though :0(

3:33 AM  
Blogger Namaste said...

nothing better than a good vent

10:27 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I always did like Colin Powell. Good philosophy.

11:00 AM  
Blogger green_canary said...

I wish I could smack some people over the head with a rolled up paper. I think it would be quite cathartic.

11:25 AM  
Blogger the belligerent intellectual said...

"Getting over it" is overrated. I prefer seeking revenge in the future when a normal person would have long forgotten the transgression in question.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

are you sure Powell's quote wasn't "Get mad, then hit some cunt over the head with a poster" ? I'd prefer that one. BI's right- getting over it is way overrated.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

TGW: I think the writing is changing as I become more jaded and cynical about things. This is a good and bad thing.

BabyJewels, Namaste: totally agree, I needed to let it out.

Beth: I've recently started actively adding 'cunt' to my vocab, so we'll see if it loses its power. But so far, so good.

LisaB: though it is a good philosphy, I've realized that I'm not quite mature enough to actually do that.

GC: I wish I could hit a lot of people with various objects. I'd be much happier.

BI, Lizzie: I couldn't agree more. In fact, I think that may have changed my outlook on a few things

1:31 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

Speaking your mind is good and it is especially good if you end with one or all of the following phrases in rapid succession:

Snap!
Holla yo
Step bitch. Step!
Don’t think I ain’t your momma, ho!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. And if you just *happen* to have a rolled up poster in your hands, you have to smack the bitches down with it.

At least that's what I say.

3:12 PM  
Blogger ocg said...

I love the word "cunt"... and "fuck"... god the English language and the bastardry there-of is beautiful...

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.