My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Meet my (pseudo) Boyfriend

JB: i am saying dc coast or mie and yu
JB: but let me check the lsit
HeatherB: ok good
HeatherB: well right now we have reservations at dc coast
JB: perfect...because I just looked at dc foodies and it says ladies cannot wear their "jumpsuits' to 1789, so I know you wouldn’t want to go
JB: you love to wear your jumpsuit out

Because I’m lacking in the significant other department, I often use my friends as pseudo boyfriends. I take them out, get them drunk, and may or may not sleep with them, but that depends on how the evening has gone. JB’s birthday just happens to be during restaurant week and because I’ve never gone anywhere during restaurant week (my palate has only recently matured past McDonald’s, Subway, and Tenley Vodka), I decided that it might be the perfect occasion to go. While JB was totally gung ho about the restaurant week date, it got me thinking that maybe I should get a significant other, to do these types of things with. My friends are always fair game, so it’s not like they are running to get away from me or snap back “get a boyfriend and leave me alone, you perpetually single freak”. And it’s not like I just want someone to go out to DC Coast with me, because if it really was a problem, we all know I’d just go alone. But it’s the fear that this might be how the remainder of my life is. Yes, I am very aware that I am only 22 and so that doesn’t mean that I will be single forever or that I should go purchase my 27 cats now. Instead, it’s been something in the back of mind that is now starting to nag at me. I’m singe. I’ve been single for a very long time. I like spending time with myself, but this is a little ridiculous.
You know, of course I’ll bitch and over think this now, and then tomorrow when one of my friends fights with his or her significant other, I’ll thank the good Lord, that I don’t have to deal with that shit. Yup, that’s what will happen.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mappy B said...

as long as you know what's going to happen, you can't lose! have a great time! and, yes, you should go somewhere that you can wear your jumpsuit. :)

4:05 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

JB? Should I be worried? ;-)

I think any single person can relate. Was just talking to a friend of mine who is going thru a divorce right now. Also spent time with some married friends recently and listened to them argue and to me, they seemed mostly miserable.

So. Yeah.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

MappyB: I'm totally all about the jumpsuit.

Bone: JB is female. But you know if I'm ever in 'Bama...

I'm all about the single life (despite this post) because really can't handle the drama.

Oh and in general, blogger sucks, I am very close to taking my cheap ass over to typepad.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

i still heart you. regardless.

if you need a date-i am always a good time lol

please please wear the jump suit! and post pics for sure!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

You sound just like me.

From time to time I think "It'd be nice to have a boyfriend."

Then I realise that I just want to get laid and that a boyfriend would be a lot of work just for that..

I'd totally advocate switching to Typepad. Best (blogging) thing I ever did!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Mappy B said...

blogger does kind of suck. i took my cheap ass to typepad, and it has it's benefits, once you get used to it. bottom line is, i don't have any skillz. like css skillz, html skillz, so i can't make it all fancy like i picture it in my head. i have to make do with the templates. i just switched recently myself, that's why i think i know so much.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

seriously, is anybody else noticing that there's a blank screen until you scroll down on this fucking this.

Am. Very. Pissed.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

The boyfriend list.

Good:

1. Sex pretty much on demand. So nice.

2. Excuse to buy pretty pretty underthings from Vickie's.

3. Automatic date for events.

4. Did I mention the sex?

Bad:

1. Conversations at 3 a.m. about Where This Relationship Is Going.

2. Having to make nice to someone else's parents.

3. Compromising.

4. Fighting/breaking up.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

I think you're horizontal line on this entry could be causing the problem. Try taking it out and see if everything goes back to normal.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Tanisha said...

yeah blank screen until I scroll down. I thought you playing a trick on me or something. I am thinking of typepad as well but I just got my pretty pic blog so we will see.

Boyfriend, I haven't had one or sex in almost 2 years so I understand the plight the only thing I miss about a bf is the cuddles at night and the horizontal mamba whenever I wanted but honestly, that's it. The fights and pisssing matches and all the other shite that comes wiht it is not worth the drama!!

Good luck girl!!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Mappy B said...

boyfriend vs. no boyfriend.
right now i am very happy, and have actually been happy for the entire length of this relationship, so i can't offer much downside, to be honest. biggest downside, for me, lack of 'me' time. but i've dated guys who had way more downside than now, and i wish i had been alone longer, it was much more enjoyable than dating someone where it's not working out.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.