My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Much Needed

"If we would only give, just once, the same amount of reflection to what we want to get out of life that we give to the question of what to do with a two weeks' vacation, we would be startled at our false standards and the aimless procession of our busy days."~Dorothy Canfield Fisher

I really cannot profess enough how much I enjoy a good few days with nothing to do. Absolutely nothing. As of right now I'm still rocking my fuzzy slippers and watching crapass day time television. True Life: I have a friend with benefits, to be specific. What the fuck is that? I know what a friend with benefits is, what I mean is why would you want to broadcast that shit on television? Breaking Bonaduce; so you were on a tv show in the 70's and now you're going to rehab and acting like a little shit. The saddest part is that as pathetic as VH1's celebreality is, it can keep me interested for hours. I've been caught up on the Surreal Life and have watched hours of MTV's best of 2005. This includes a little bit of Newlyweds or shall we call it Newlydivorced? And finally, my least favorite/most cringe inducing show; a baby story. Why, why, whhhhhhhhhhhyyyy??

All of this general laziness has led to a hefty list of resolutions and despite the bit of malaise of yesterday, it's been nice. I enjoy this one week of year to do nothing except over think things, which always prepares me for the next year and at least pretend to get my shit together. Do you ever have that feeling that things might start to look up? Because that's the feeling I'm getting right now.

12 Comments:

Blogger Larissa said...

definitely, it's a new year and a fresh start. resolutions are not, I think the holidays help give us a moment to breathe and reflect.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous boozie said...

I love True Life. It is so ridiculous sometimes. I wanted to kill the girls on the "I'm Jealous" episode and I had to turn off the "I have OCD" episode in fear of developing my own "rituals".

2:50 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

I usually spend my free time over the holidays cleaning out the clutter of the past year. There are some clothes I need to get rid of that I haven't worn since the nineties.

PS: You could always watch General Hospital and let me know what's going on.

PPS: If the above PS does anything to take away from my Sir-ability in your mind, please disregard it.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Larissa: Exactly. And I try not to put any pressure on myself with the old resolutions.

boozie: Ok, that chick Lindsey who called her bf every fucking time he was in a club to ask if he was dancing with girls, i was about to punch her in the face. I felt bad for the OCD people though, especially the girl who thought her mother would die if she didn't do her rituals. Scary..

Sir bone: GH? No, more like Days of Our Lives. I've only got one true love and that's it. I'll be doing some cleaning when I get home, that's what Monday will be for, cleaning and grocery shopping and walking around Georgetown and a good run around the Capitol. can't wait for it.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

I can't watch Newlyweds anymore. I feel like it was all a lie now.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Lizzie: Watching it now is not just a lie, but it's really sad. they're going through a divorce while MTV is broadcasting their marriage in a dvd box set. It's just not right..

3:30 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

no, it's not right. so does it make me a horrible person that I wish MTV would broadcast their divorce too? I bet it would make for interesting tv. I feel like they kinda owe us, since we made them big and all...

5:28 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

Everyone come look! Heather B is happy! For Christ the King is born.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Lizzie: a friend of mine who is getting married said the same thing, that they should do Nick and Jessica: Divorced. I mean technically, MTV doesn't have to do it, because US Weekly and People do it at least twice a week.

MKD: one of these days I'm going to kick you. I mean that lovingly. And I'm not happy, I'm just a little less bitter

6:43 PM  
Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Speaking of the "friend with benefits" show, did you see that special on VH1 or MTV about the parents who were swingers?! Talk about TMI... it showed these young parents looking for other couples on the internet and then meeting them at cheesy bars... all in some small town. That poor kid and all his friends know what his parents are doing on Friday nights... sheesh.

Anyway, that's not your point. Glad you've been enjoying your vacation!

7:44 PM  
Blogger green_canary said...

I'm planning a "Celebrate Failure" party for early February in honor of all those who tried to change in 2006 and failed. I'm thinking a contest for the person who broke their resolution with the most creativity and severity would make for a good time. It's the rose-colored glasses approach to lacking willpower and inclination.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

MG: Where have you been all my life?? No I didn't see the show on the parents who were swingers and if I had I would've thrown up in my mouth a little bit.

GC: so is that an invite of some sort??
I think I might post my resolutions tomorrow that way you people can hold me to them.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.