My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Stuck in a rut? A what? A rut.*

"Patience: A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue. " ~Ambrose Bierce

** “We missed wine night last night. What time do you have to babysit tonight?”

“5:30. But wine hour goes from 5-6”

“Well, we’ll be done shopping by 4:30 you can come right in and go to wine hour at 5”

“And then drive and babysit??”

“Well yeah”
____________________________________________________________________

Even though this is solely for my purposes, to amuse myself and as a way to make me write, I still feel like I need to be a people pleaser and write something profound (read: shit) for people to read and comment on. Though today I have nothing. I’m tired. I’ve done a lot this morning (run, shower, walk to work, coffee-that’s a lot before 9am) and this week I’m “flying solo”. My buffers – the people I rely on during the day, to keep me sane and remind me how luck I am – are both on tropical getaways. One of which, being a coworker, means that I get to do her job. I had to try not to throw up on the way to work this morning due to nervousness and had to continually remind myself that there are thousands that would love to be in my shoes (yeah, I’m the shit. Whatever.).
My weekend was also uneventful, my mom and babysitting and that about covers it.
Jesus Christ, I’m even bored writing this (and really fucking tired too). Now that I’ve bored you all as well-not my intentions, but inevitable-I do sincerely apologize.
I wonder if I’m the only one though. Who gets bored with their life and sick of waiting for things (good or bad) to happen; I’m in a rut.
I shall pose this question to you: do you get bored with your life? What do you do to cure the boredom?
Discuss.

*ok, there's this stupid thing, that goes "do you wanna buy a duck, a what? a duck", stuck in my head, hence the title. Make fun if you'd like. I understand.
**a convo with the madre.

13 Comments:

Blogger Sharkbait said...

Yes, I get bored with my life. It's incredibly frustrating and annoying because I can't just pick up and move somewhere where nobody knows me, and start over (I'm not bitter, right?!).

I try to relax and focus on my plans in the upcoming months/year. And remember that if I want to change things, I am the only one who can do it. Easier said than done my friend.

Routine makes life boring sometimes-maybe shake up your routine a bit. That might help more than you know!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Namaste said...

the convo with the madre? now that's funny...

i have a feeling your madre and my madre would get along just fine! yep!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Sub Girl said...

i so feel you. i want to change my life, but i don't know how. i guess i'm sorta waiting for things to happen, when i should be pro-actively doing stuff.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mappy B said...

I do get bored with my life. I always have. I used to deal with it by changing jobs and moving to a different city, thinking that I would 'find myself' there. Now, I am trying to find new hobbies and interests. I need the motivation to go out and make things happen, because I've waited 28 years, and they aren't coming my way. I have to go find them. I find that travelling is something fun to look forward to. Think Prague.

11:40 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Sometimes life is incredibly boring. Get up, drink coffee, go to work, come home, flip on tv, go to sleep. Repeat.

Other times it's fun when I make it fun. Call friends, send someone a funny email, meet a friend for drinks, flirt with my favorite guy, read the book I've been wanting to read, see a movie etc..

My two cents anyway...

12:46 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

Someone challenged me a few months ago to do something "new" that I'd never done before, once a month. It can be something big or something like going to a restaurant you've never tried before. My "news" have included flying and getting a massage. Just an idea.

Sometimes I comment on your blog just in hopes that you will comment on mine. Now that's sad.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

I know you're bored and think you're uninteresting, but this is the part of your life where you start making shit up. It's better to be a liar than boring, right? Integrity will come and go but disinterest lasts a lifetime.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

Oh hell yeah people get bored and disinterested in their lives. I don't know anyone, myself included, who has not complained of the same thing. I also don't know anyone who had come up with a cure so....

1:53 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

I get bored with my life and then do incredibly stupid things like quit my job, move to a new city, plunge myself into debt, and go back to school. I've also been known to move to the other side of the world for a year out of sheer boredom... and get tattoos. yeah, don't look to me for advice on how to get out of a rut!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

When I get in a rut, I move to a second-world country. I'd suggest Pakistan - I hear it's lovely this time of year! ;)

Seriously, how about trying a class of some kind? That's how I ended up bellydancing, and the rest is history.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Tanisha said...

When I am bored I jack off. No really I don't ok. I listen to music. Rent old movies from the 50-70s and sometimes 80s. I blog which isn't good. A bored black chick with a keyboard, not a good thing. Or I do yoga and go for walks. Well sorry you are bored but stop by me blog and check out the holiday trends for the season and some rude schmuck who put a nasty comment on my blog..

5:52 PM  
Blogger darlin nikki said...

so in agreement with ya tonight as i sit here researching for work tomorrow and checkin some blogs to keep slightly sane. pays to keep thinking about future travel, least it does me god ;))

12:41 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Thanks for the support guys!
I am in a little bit of a rut, and it happens from time to time, hopefully I'll be able to get myself out soon, because it's starting to become a little tiresome. Thanks again!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.