My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 06, 2006

BAWF: VIII

"Oh, wouldn't the world seem dull and flat with nothing whatever to grumble at? " ~W.S. Gilbert

Holy hell, I haven’t had anything to bitch about for the past two weeks. Really nothing, save for boredom, but really there’s nothing to complain about enjoying 60 hours of Peter Gallagher (well almost 60 because I couldn’t watch American Beauty after seeing Kevin Spacey in the Usual Suspects. Creeped. The fuck. Out.) Oh well I could bitch about being sick, but no one wants to hear about me puking so that leaves the fact that I was being so responsible with my money only to find out that it’s all been in vain. The money I’ve saved for Paris will have to go towards getting my car registered in DC and paying a parking ticket that has since doubled because Hey! I forgot to pay it in the first place. The money will also go towards the credit card debt I accumulated last year (Nordstrom is evil). Which means that until I get a raise, there will be no gym membership; so gone are my grandiose dreams of being (almost) hot by the beginning of summer. Sad, so sad. And I think I might have to wave goodbye to shopping on the Champs Elysses. Of course while I’m bitching about how unfortunate it is that I will not be able to go to Paris or run like a fucking hamster on a wheel at the gym, I could be thinking about more important things like being umm homeless or being trapped in a mine or I could think about certain people who shall remain nameless who will have no money for several weeks. And here I sit bitching about how I really don’t want to dip into my savings account and how will I ever be able to make twice weekly trips to whole foods. My god, how will I survive?

So, I should mention that I wrote this post yesterday (Thursday) and since then I’ve been able to think of ways to come up with $66 per month for my gym membership, because really I want one more than anything. Like perhaps shopping at Trader Joe’s instead of Whole Foods and trying not to look directly at the starbucks when I pass it. I swear looking at that place draws you in, it’s hypnotizing.

Anyway and on a totally unrelated to money subject, which one of you lovely wonderful and kind readers of mine would like to design me a new template? I’ve decided to not move to typepad, but I’m getting sick of the dots. So if one of you really fantastic and truly great and witty and brilliant people who knows what the hell HTML means would like to make my blog even lovelier, holla! nopasanadablog@gmail.com

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger DC Cookie said...

I was just thinking I need an overhaul too. I love the various shades of blue, but I hate my title. I want something pizazz-y like Kris or Jinxy.

Okay, so you asked about yourself, not me, but this is the best I could come up with...

2:19 PM  
Blogger darlin nikki said...

i am totally cyclical with my debt/savings, kinda like a some binge/purge model puppet. the gym always sounds so great to me but after a few months i've burned out and then i have those couple of months of paying and not going. then it's all over. i say paris!

4:49 PM  
Blogger wunelle said...

If that credit card works at Nordstrom, it sure as hell works in Gay Paree as well. Priorities!

And gym or no, you'll ALWAYS be hot.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

You're going to Paris? I thought you were going to Prague. Je suis trop jalouse...

6:06 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

DCC: umm yes, this is all about me ;-) But seriously I really need a change.

Darlin Nikki: the thing with the gym is that I know that if I have a membership I'll use it religiously, we shall see.

Wunelle: awwww you made me blush! thanks.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Lizzie: I'm going to Paris instead of Prague.

6:09 PM  
Blogger babyjewels said...

Hey Heather, Just wanted to say, I'm happy to do the header. Drop me an email if you'd like with some ideas of what you had in mind. I just finished mad ethels. She likes Japanese culture so we went inthat direction. Have a good weekend.

8:27 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Yum Trader Joe's. ALWAYS a good thing in my book.

Heather, my sweetie designs blogs, his design site is "Blogs Gone Wild." Go to my blog under "daily reads," click on Se7en, (it's a dog's life)and check out his stuff. His design site is on his sidebar... Reasonable prices too. Alas he didn't do mine cause I didn't know about him when mine was designed...

1:24 PM  
Blogger Southie said...

Starbucks is like the sun: you can't look directly at it or you'll be blinded by its caffeiney goodness.

Word.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Namaste said...

hey girl--so, so, so good to meet you on Fri! you rock, sister! thank you so much for coming out. it was such an honor and a pleasure. i'm sorry we couldn't spend more time chatting...eh...soberly. (that was mostly my bad, but in that kind of atmosphere, what can you do?) anways, yes, we should do it again sometime!

hugs,
nam

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.