My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Pity Party

Over the years through different things that I’ve been involved with, I’ve found that I easily go from speaking to someone on a daily basis to speaking to that same person at about the same frequency that I clean my bedroom, which is about once every few months. Then it inevitably (at least for me) gets to a point where if I haven’t spoken to a friend for months, then I’ll do anything in my power to avoid the ‘hey how are you?’ phone calls, as I know that those calls will last an hour easily. There will be stories to tell about the inane and random randomness of my life. And, because I am me, those stories will lead to digressions into other stories that will then lead us to be asking “so wait, what were we talking about?” That’s just how it goes. Updating feels like a chore, which is the sad and honest truth and I always feel guilty. That’s how I’m feeling right now, I’ve been sick (not dead) and I am still sick. The unfortunate part is that I had all of these things to write about swimming in my little head and now writing about not writing is taking up way too much time and energy. Let’s not get into the fact that with vacation and having the flu, I haven’t been to work in literally two weeks and the thought of checking my messages seems like a most daunting task. Perhaps I’ll save that to later today, we’ll see. So now I feel craptastic in more ways than one and I have a holy mother fucker amount of work to do. Woe is me, I’m sick and now I have work to do. I should also point out that the past two days calling into work left me in tears (ok, almost), because for once I actually cared that I was out. It’s not like last year, if I was sick, no one cared and I’d just miss class but it wasn’t the apocalypse or anything. Now I’m sick and my very first thought is what if I get in trouble for being sick (which would NEVER happen)? I’d be fucked. See there? A digression and another inane thought about how ever loving ridiculous that I can be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharkbait said...

I am so sorry you are sick..but glad you are alive :-)

I understand about updating and everything. I totally avoid phone calls like the plague now for that very reason. Yeah I can be a shitty friend I guess.

Feel better.
Hugs

10:51 AM  
Blogger Larissa said...

awwww what an icky way to start the new year, feel better hun!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

get well
get well soon
we wish you to get well
get well
get well soon
we wish you to get well

3:43 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I love reading your blog.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.