My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Randomosity

"Leisure: A fancy word for people who don't want to admit they're bored." ~Gene Perret

I really was going to write a post with actual sentences and profound thoughts about my weekend. Really, I swear I was. But now I’m just way too above that crap. I mean really, who the hell wants to read a coherent sentence that proves that at one point in life, I did pass English with an A? I’m starting a new trend-ok, not really-of saying fuck it to the literary Gods and my English teachers. I’m not writing in actual sentences, I’m going the bullet point* route for the day and if they (or you) don’t like it, you can kiss my….ok, moving on now.

My weekend went something like this: Vidalia, Spank with the wonderful and lush duo of Namaste and DC Cookie (and DCB was there too) where the grey goose was flowing and I was pretty drunk by the time I saw them, but as I recall, I had a good time. Saturday was surprisingly hangover free and a trip to VA to hit up trader joe’s where I spent a grand total of $9. Sunday included another trip to VA for La Tasca with Kimber.

Do you see the excitement of the weekend…? I’m just a regular party animal.

Now it’s Monday and after viewing pictures of myself courtesy of Cookie, I promptly became a member of the Washington Sports Club and had to re-budget my life, but that’s ok because if you saw these pictures you’d beg me to lose 20lbs as well.

What else have I got for you…hmmm…oh, I realized (on my own) how much a particular friend of mine completely and utterly sucks and I am quite literally the last person to realize this and ahhh I feel so much better now. Oh and it’s restaurant week and I get to go to DC Coast for the low low price of $30.06 and it also means a good amount of babysitting for the weekend because I’m broke and I just have to go to Paris. Not want to, but have to.

So um yeah, maybe things will pick up and I’ll get an exciting life that doesn’t involve budgeting and trips to Trader Joes as sources of entertainment. Now please tell me that your weekends were considerable more exciting (save for the Namaste/Cookie part) than mine.

And one more thing, I was nominated for a bloggie. I'll try not to forget about you when Simon and Schuster call ::ahem::. Thanks Kris!


*notice that there were no actual bullet points.

9 Comments:

Anonymous lorie said...

Argh, my weekend was not even a little bit exciting. I basically wiped boogers out of the kittens' eyes, went to Target, cleaned the bathrooms, and spent half a day filing old bills. WOO I AM A PARTY GIRL.

12:54 PM  
Blogger blake said...

Congrats on the bloggie nomination.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

Um I so heart you.

3:20 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

I can only tolerate Spank in small doses. Glad you could make it!

3:30 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Congrats on the nomination? Bought a dress and worked on your acceptance speech yet?

5:02 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

SWEET! I MADE THE BLOG!!! :)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Lorie: at least you had pets to play with.

Blake: thanks!

Sharkie!: Um I blove you too

Cookie: I'm glad I went thankfully I was drunk enough to not want to be shot ;-) In all seriousness, I had a good time with you and Nam (& DCB)

LisaB: hmm I didn't think of that...let me ponder it for a little.

Kris: Everyones dream in life is to make it on my blog. You're so very welcome. ;-)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

As I get older, I realize that weekends are't always very much fun.

Hey, maybe I'm also getting wiser.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said...

congratulations!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.