My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Site-ed

Lately I’ve been checking my sitemeter more often than I have in the past and without going into why I’ve been doing so (it’s more embarrassing than admitting that I check sitemeter religiously), I will say that at times I am perplexed as to how people find me. A few weeks ago, I looked up the meaning of ‘no pasa nada’ in google and I’m number four of the results. Some one in Spain looked up the same as well and went to my blog, I feel like this person may have been less than impressed, but I digress. Lately I’ve noticed that people have found me by googling “fuck the babysitter”. No, on so many levels no; also by googling “Kelly Rowan acting” and my personal favorite “dumb bitch”. But mainly it’s just the same people day after day (somebody in Alabama really loves me) who obviously have a taste for terrible writing and incessant complaining. Though sometimes I think I should expand my blogging horizons which I have been doing little by little, but really I am just comforted by reading those that I regularly read and having those same people read my ever brilliant self everyday. So as my I’ve-been-mad–delayed- with- being- sick –and- didn’t- even- know- about – the- miners- until- today- tour, this is a way of saying delurk* (motherfuckers! Which I mean in the nicest kindest way possible) and thanks for making the last few months of 2005 some what bearable.


*in reality, I like it when people delurk as it makes me feel better about myself and it also adds to my blogging horizons when I really need to be working at work. Minor details.

19 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

I used to want to expand my blogging horizons as well, but am now rather comfortable in my little circle of blogger friends who "know" me and who I "know."

Glad you're back!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Audra said...

I will delurk to say that sometimes its better when you don't know how people find your blog. Mine apparently comes up under fuck my hot daughter. That is wrong in so many sick ways. Why would someone search that. Ugh

7:56 PM  
Blogger wunelle said...

This is almost written in code.

Does my leaving a comment mean I'm "delurked" (de-Lieurqued)?

8:21 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

How do you figure out what people search? I am so intrigued. And apparently behind the times.

Please enlighten me.

And are you coming on Jan 18th?

9:00 PM  
Blogger One Crazy Lady said...

I'm delurking! So do tell how did you found out how people are finding you?!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Southie said...

I found your site through Lizzie's. Because Lizzie's site rocks. And your site rocks, too.

12:09 AM  
Anonymous lorie said...

Well, I'm not in Alabama - but I do love you and read daily, even if I don't always comment. I hope you're feeling better soon! This plague going around has kicked the asses of everyone I know, including my own (twice).

8:56 AM  
Blogger Wombat & Aspen said...

Heather, I lurk around your blog in the same way one lurks around The Getty; silently, in awe, feeling small.


Wombat

9:48 AM  
Blogger blake said...

Glad your back, sorry you've been sick, seems we all have had a bout of the crud. Been two weeks and mine's still hangin on...

9:56 AM  
Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

I just recently switched from a random counter to SiteMeter...so much better. I get the referring pages, but not the referring searches...is that an upgrade?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Namaste said...

hey girl--
I hear you're joining up with us tonight! Glad you have Cookie's digits! Can't wait!

Cheers,
Namastini

11:05 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

Alabama? That's weird.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Lizzie: that's why I like taking suggestions from those that I "know".

Audra: exactly, like why would someone search fuck the babysitter, pretty fucking weird if you ask me.

thanks for delurking.

wunelle: I like code.

Sharkie: yes I'm coming the 18th, which means two evenings of you!

One Crazy Lady: people find me through links on other blogs. As of late, most people are finding me through Amalah.

Southie: why thank you.

Lorie: actually I should admit that I don't always comment on sites I read daily, like yours for example. Yeah, I suck.

Wombat: HA! thanks. In awe that people would read such crap, I know. me too.

Blake: Now I'm wondering if germs can be spread through blogs...hmmm..

Marci: I don't get the referring searches all of the time, but no it's not an upgrade, it's the free one.

Namaste: Yay, can't wait to see you tonight!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Bone: I know. Crazy right???

12:05 PM  
Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said...

i read b/c you remind me a little of myself. So I guess that makes it a little self-involved of me, eh?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Larissa said...

welcome back! and yeah sitemeter is a naughty addiction i share :-)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Ween said...

I'm de-lurking to say that I, like many others I'm sure, found you through Amalah.

And your blog reminds me about what it was like to be just out of college and figuring out what the hell the rest of your life will look like.

Um yeah, still working on that.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous 3Y6 said...

I'm the Alabama person, and NO, "bone", we're not particularly weird ... at least no more so than anyone else.

Found you through Amalah -- apparently you're her babysitter? She's way obsessed with that kid ... that gets a little old, but he certainly is a cute one.

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous stephanie said...

I've wanted to delurk many a time before, but for some reason your comment thing always used to require me to have a blogger identity, which I don't. So, anyway... hi, from another upstate New Yorker transplanted to D.C.!

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.