My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Love. Angel. Family. Jersey.: Part I*

"Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are." ~Marsha Norman

So Friday went something like this: Ennui strikes (again!), realize that a certain someone is a big fat cocksucker, oh and my uncle died. My great-uncle who was BFF with my grandfather died**. Well hell. Guess where HB gets to go?? NEWARK (g-h-e-t-t-o) Ooh, lucky HB. So yeah, I’ve been chillin’ in Jersey for 24 hours sans alcohol (I also didn't swear alllll day. Which is a biggie for me. Well, at least not until the end of American Idol when I tried to vote and couldn't because the lines were busy. I said 'shit').

Save me.

Anyway, I feel like I’ve been gone for like 3 weeks, but no, it was solely 24 paltry hours in which I realized that I kind of maybe sort of just a little bit, miss my family. Even despite the lack of alcohol. I even got to see Garrett, who is now sporting a beard. And it only took him a whole month to grow it. Congratulations G! You’re almost a man.

Oh, and guess where HB gets to go on Friday. Guess, guess! JERSEY. Because this is just the Best Week Ever and who doesn’t want to go to New Jersey twice in one week. But this time for my brother’s wedding. I’ve been directed, by my father, to bring a giant bottle of ye old Yellow Tail with me. So at least I’ve got that going for me.

Tonight if I can’t talk, it’s because I’m trying to get the vodka tonic to my lips as quickly as humanly possible. Like, if I can get in intravenously, then awesome. And not gonna lie, but a full two days without y’all kind of put me in withdrawal. I actually missed you! And even if you don’t realize it yet, you all missed me too.


*Part II will be after my brother’s wedding. It should be ummm…interesting…
**it really is sad though totally expected and yes I’m bummed, but too tired to be really serious.

12 Comments:

Blogger Sharkbait said...

I stalkerishly missed you too.
I am sorry to hear about your great uncle, but glad you got to see your family.

10:03 AM  
Blogger darlin nikki said...

it's weird to not blog when you're in the habit of doing it. and we miss ya! do some horrible bad wedding dancing for me. yeaaa, that's the stuff ;)

10:59 AM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

LOLOL. Intraveniously.
So you're back in DC now?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

sharkie: ok good, I'm glad that I'm not the only stalker around. see you tonight.

Darlin Nikki: Just for you, I will do the electric slide.

Roary (I'm stealing I-66's nickname for you): Yes ma'am I am in DC. Counting down the hours until HH. Woo hoo!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous jenn said...

While I don't know you, one bottle of wine seems mighty insufficient for an entire weekend of wedding festivites.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Jenn: my apologies, I should've clarified that I'm going to get one of those giant sized bottles of yellow tail shiraz (for just $9.99) and the same size bottle of Cab. Sauv. I figure that will work for Friday/Saturday pre and post wedding.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Diet Coke of Evil said...

In order to survive any family wedding, much red wine is needed. And for only $9.99, Yellow Tail can't be beat!

I'm sorry to hear about your uncles. Losing family members is never easy, even if it is expected.

I look forward to meeting you tonight!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Larissa said...

have fun at the wedding, and sorry about your uncle! sorry i'll be missing you at the happy hour tonight!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I luv me some Yellow Tail; my palate isn't very refined. Heck, I luv me some Boone's Farm too...

5:07 PM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

Wait-- I'm going to try and top this ghetto-coctail-bandwagon: I love me some STEEL RESERVE! Seriously, though, I do. : /
Yea for unrefined palates!

6:45 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

You didn't cuss for a whole day? I'm so proud of you and a little disappointed to be honest.

For fuck's sake.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

Oh God. Family weddings. AND family funerals in the same week? No wonder you need alky intrevenously. (However you fucking spell it.)

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.