My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Boobies on a Monday Morning

A few weeks ago, I was greeted with hugs and kisses from Noah wearing his “save the boobies” onsie. It’s cute and endearing and a great way to make a statement; put it on an adorable baby and people will say “awwww. Look at that, Junior thinks cancer is bad.” But whatever, they’ll pay attention.

Fast forward to 20 minutes ago. I’m sitting here minding my own business, enjoying some thai food courtesy of the lovely people at Trader Joe’s and watching Ti – it’s about as good as Ishtar – tanic, when I get an email from the madre. An email in which I’m informed via massive missive that my recently turned 40 year old Aunt, has breast cancer.

Now given the mere 20 minutes and 34 seconds that I’ve had to process this, I’ve only come to the conclusion that this sucks big hairy donkey balls. We won’t get into the fact that breast cancer is known to be passed on or that my grandmother (my mother’s mother and my aunt’s mother) has Alzheimer’s which can also be genetic, thereby rendering me completely fucked (oh yes, this will revert back to me. I am narcissist, hear me roar). No, we won’t get into that right now. For now we’ll just say fuck cancer and crap ass James Cameron movies and an obligatory: save the boobies.

15 Comments:

Anonymous MappyB said...

Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear that. That's a lot to process, especially coming from an email. Save the Boobies indeed.

1:20 PM  
Blogger wunelle said...

Yeah, major suction (and not in a good kinda way). Let's hope for early detection and successful treatment.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt and your potentially bad genes. Take care of yourself and your boobies.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Larissa said...

ugh, sorry boo.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Diet Coke of Evil said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Hopefully they caught everything soon enough to be able to do some good. Save the boobies indeed!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Jacynth said...

No es bueno. I'm sorry you had to find that out over email. That's a hard thing to deal with. Hopefully they caught it at an early stage and her boobies will be good as new in no time!

4:10 PM  
Blogger ❉ pixie ❉ said...

Email? That's a horrible way to break such news.

Viva la boobies!

4:36 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Both of those diseases coincidentally run in my family as well.

6:45 PM  
Blogger ocg said...

Save the boobies!

I am so sorry to hear this Heather.

6:51 PM  
Blogger mysterygirl! said...

Oh no. I'm really sorry to hear that.

7:38 PM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

I'm so sorry Heather. Wish I could give you a hug right now.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous sandra said...

Save the boobies! Save the boobies!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous jenn said...

So sorry about your aunt!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Thank you all for the nice thoughts. Also, my mother would like for me to tell you all that she didn't mean to tell me by email and that she just sent it to me and didn't think about it. She apologized profusely. She would also like for me to stop writing about her on the internet, but that'll be a cold day in hell.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Isabel said...

I am SO OVER cancer and wish it would just go away. It has no redeaming qualities and is dumb.

Good luck to your Aunt and the rest of your family. My thoughts are with you guys!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.