My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Cravings

"Live your daily life in a way that you never lose yourself. When you are carried away with your worries, fears, cravings, anger and desire you run away from yourself and you lose yourself. The practice is to always go back to oneself" – Thich Nhat Hanh

I need a vacation. Not one of those full on Sandals with a pool bar types of vacations, but just some R&R. But since it’s too a yet to be divulged location (which you are welcome to guess), I shall leave it at that. Though it is home to a bevy of burritos, margs and bars. All of my favorites.

Also needed is my kayak to be ordered. A kayak of the inflatable persuasion that can be used on rapids and serene lakes and can hold up to two people. My first semi-adult purchase that I don’t need parental approval for. I’m already thinking about all the glorious places that I will be taking this kayak.

These thoughts of travel and kayaking give way to thoughts of oak bluffs. I don’t ‘summer’ anywhere. But I do bring my golf playing, Polo (the brand) sporting, pearl wearing self to vacation in Martha’s Vineyard. I accidentally – in a Freudian way – clicked on a link to MV and immediately thought of the Black Dog for dessert, ice cream sundaes with G on the beach, my mom’s porch, and “The Mess” for breakfast at Linda Jean’s. It’s hash browns, broccoli, cheese, mushrooms and eggs. It’s also delicious.

I’m just feeling blah and like I need more. When I asked for something, my mother would always retort with “Do you need it? Or do you want it? You don’t really need it, you just want it.” Well right now I don’t just want more, I need more.

What do you crave?

17 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

sex.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

My guess: Lauriol Plaza

My craving: a bronze lamp that is shaped like a dog. Trust me, it's a very beautiful lamp.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Paisley said...

I crave sitting by the pool (by myself), feet up, reading a stupid book or lame magazine, hearing the fountain and windchimes tinkle because there is a slight breeze. Jumping in to cool off every 15-30 mintues and having a great "ME" day.

BUT my parents sold their house so I'm screwed.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

I'm with I-66 on this one- Sex. All the time.

I have no guesses on your vaca spot. I can guess that since you frequent Martha's Vineyard and play golf and wear pearls and polos that it is far fancier than any vacation my poor ass will ever take.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous MappyB said...

I am craving my very own kayak, and taking it places other than the Potomac River.

I am craving new Reefs (there are two new patterns I spy), margaritas on the rocks with salt, an ocean breeze, and reading some good magazines.

I am cravings some good food from Lady & Sons in Savannah, GA. (Paula Deen on the Food Network). That was the best food I've ever had. Yum....

4:17 PM  
Blogger Sharkbait said...

a full body massage. never had one, and now i crave one

4:28 PM  
Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

Craving a super thick milkshake - probably strawberry, down time with my best girlfriends, boy-on-girl intimacy and copious amounts of wine, in no particular order of course.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Wry Bri said...

I'll take the sex, please.

AND the wine,
AND the boy-on-girl,
AND the tandem kayak on Senge Pond,
AND the french toast or eggs benedict at the Black Dog

But I'm willing to take a rain check on the kayak.

5:40 PM  
Blogger ocg said...

Peace... but I too will settle for sex.

I have been needing to holiday so very long, and next week I will have my chance to finally get away... I am so excited (all cravings should be appropriately satisfied)... holidays are FAR too under-rated.

Kayaks scare me, although I have always been interested in trying one out...

5:43 PM  
Blogger unforgiving b*tch said...

I'm craving a vacation to...except a deserted island is beginning to sound really nice...

OH...and sex.

Yep, my cravings.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous sandra said...

I am craving warm alone time. As in, me in Mexico, on a beach, by myself for a few days. I told this to a friend of mine and she told me it was weird...but I'm kind of over dealing with people all day, every day -- I kind of want a vacation from real life. That's what I'm craving.

5:47 PM  
Blogger sparkles anonymous! said...

Sleep.

Days of sleep, in my nice cozy bed.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Kristin said...

I was craving extra time...which I got for the past two weeks because the school where I teach is closed for Spring Break. The only problem with all of this extra time? I have now become the LAZIEST PERSON ON EARTH!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

Welcome Back Kotter reruns

12:26 AM  
Blogger ejtakeslife said...

Dc tags appearing on my car without having to wait at the DMV, a trip to Croatia, a frozen strawberry margarita. I'll be trying to get at least one of those this weekend.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

a good book, a tall glass of tea and my porch swing.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Tulum, Mexico. It calls for me-daily.

I crave the sun.

(So why is it that all my vactions take place in Europe in the Winter??!!)

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.