My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 06, 2006

How to Save a Saturday Night

When Kris aka Mrs. Sarsgaaard asked whether or not I would want to join her and the lovely Jurgen, Nabbalicious, Maliavale and Jasclo on Saturday night, I said yes and that I would genuinely love to. Despite my ever apparent awe of Kris’ awesomeness-which I may or may not have wholeheartedly confessed to while drunk-it was a save from being bludgeoned to death by stupidity. Prior to that, I was with My Favorite Person (MFP) headed to Moe’s* and then for vodka and redbulls. We were accompanied by MFP’s roommate and his girlfriend. I had previously met the girlfriend a few months back and the next morning told MFP how much I enjoyed meeting her. I was met with stunned silence and told that I must have been ridiculously drunk, because the girlfriend wasn’t all she was cracked up to be. Ladies and Gentlemen, I actually lost brain cells on Saturday night. Many braincells.

Of course, I didn’t use Kris as an escape route to re-find my lost wit and sarcasm and basic brain functions. And also not because Peter knows M-E-T-H-O-D Man, but because this is a person who I have enjoyed since the beginning of my blogging days. Off I went, solo. I should mention that I always go solo to blogging events and it will be a cold day in hell before I tell my real world friends about hanging out with people from the internet. Obviously if I’m drunk, I’ll eventually end up murdered and hanging from a flag pole at Union Station. My mother is still convinced that one day Amy will kill me and she’s just using Noah as a pawn. Regardless, I went solo and was dazzled by the people I met.

This story-or narrative or crap ass writing-wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t mention that I am automatically smitten with anyone who has an affinity for wine, Salt and Vinegar chips, the aforementioned Peter Sarsgaard and Moe’s. It also helps if you slide up to me and whisper “come here often?” while I’m waiting for my drink at the bar and/or you stick your finger in my ear when you notice that my tragus is pierced. That my friends, is love.

Thank you Kris, for giving me a few more days on this earth and not killing me. My parents really appreciate it. Also thanks for introducing me to your lovely friends and the awesome Amy, who really should think about starting a blog. This mostly based on the fact that she says "moisturize the situation" and "maintain the sexy". Oh and also for the compliments. No, I love you more.

*my favorite little Moe’s tidbit, besides the fact that they have tofu as a meat option, is that they have awesome names for their burritos and salsas. Like ‘Art Vandalay’ and ‘Who is Keyser Salsa’**

**I have a terrible Keyser Soza story. In that, I made my brother tell me who Keyser Soza was before I had actually seen the Usual Suspects in its entirety. Thus the reason for why this is in tiny letters at the bottom of a post. I don’t want to get yelled at. Yes, it’s one of the biggest regrets of my life. Well that and the time I used Nair to get rid of my widow’s peak.

9 Comments:

Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

Nair? Oh sweet Jesus.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I was 8. And it grew back.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

"Come her often" followed by a finger in the ear is my best move. Those blog nerds have taken a page out of my play book . . .

5:17 PM  
Blogger babyjewels said...

That's it. I'm moving to you guys. I want to hang out too.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Seriously, you are a blogstar genius. I loved meeting you and love even more that you have captured the evening in its full out debauchery and perfection.

Your Friends From the Internets secret is safe with me. That is, unless you deny hanging out with me again.

Then I tell Ceiba.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

DKN: I'm sure that's how you get all the ladies.

BabyJewels: You can join for some drunken debauchery. Good times.

Kris: why thank you dear. Ceiba. The yapping. Gawd!

10:32 AM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

LOL. There's definitely been some awkward (and not-so-awkward) moments when introducing a new, internet friend to one of my old, real world friends. Whatever. We all just laugh.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jasclo said...

Hiiiiiiiiiii. It was great meeting you! Insert witty comment and reparte here, please, as it's almost 11 p.m. and I just have nothing left to give today.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Maliavale said...

Hey! My tragus is pierced, and I didn't get a wet willy! Jealous.
;-)

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.