My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 10, 2006

An Ode to Global Warming

"Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day." ~W. Earl Hall

Ok, not so much an ode as it is me basking in the fact that the ozone layer is slowly eroding and yet I can’t help but smile and think how glorious things are, because really golfing in March? Makes me so bat shit fucking happy that I use the words ‘shit’ and ‘fucking’ in less than 3.8 seconds.

It’s days like today that make me yearn for my reefs after a pedicure f and watching the skank ass sisters of ‘A-Chi-Ho’ relaxing on the quad. A lovely evening of smoking in the Letts-Anderson Quad and drinking margaritas outside at Guapos.
I miss it and I’ll always miss it.

But yesterday with the prospect of the earth blowing up due to increased green house gases and a belly full of Flat Top Grill and Sapporo, I smiled and felt perfectly ok with things. Obviously a sign of seasonal affective disorder, but I’ll just take it for what it is because it’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Now off to purchase a kayak, a plane ticket and a Big Bertha. Hell, I might even throw in a spring themed Coach wrislet. Everyone needs a little pink and sun in their lives. Enjoy.

11 Comments:

Anonymous MappyB said...

Oooo, let me know which kayak you buy! I ALMOST bought mine last night, so close. Decided to wait another month and buy some clothes this month instead. Priorities.

Love the Reefs, I wear mine inside all winter! Off to buy more of those tonight. You can never have too many. I love this weather!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Karyn said...

"I start my day thinking of the warming of the globe...and how we can get it warmer."

If you haven't seen this video from Earth to America then you need to watch it. You owe it to yourself.

http://www.devilducky.com/media/38792/

11:49 AM  
Anonymous lorie said...

I pretty much hate you for having a Flat Top Grill nearby.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Global warming kicks ass. Sure it will be a problem people have their skin melting, but we'll be long dead by then.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Larissa said...

yeah days like today make me all giddy. i'm so affected by weather.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

MappyB: Of course it's now 2:45 and I'm leaving in an hour and I have yet to purchase one or do as much perusing as I'd like. So umm, I'll let you know when I get my act together. And sometimes clothes trump watersports. Sad but true.

Karyn: ooh goodie! another reason for procrastination.

Lorie: If by 'near by' you mean in Ballston, then yes, I'd hate me too. But it's not all that close, like a 20 minute drive.

DKN: so very true.

Larissa: ummm yeah, me too. At least you get to spend tomorrow outside.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Dirk the Feeble said...

I think I'll buy a Big Bertha too, but it's on the bad side of town and unrelated to golf.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

We have a nice case of global warming going on here in Chicago right now. Love it.

6:13 PM  
Blogger babyjewels said...

Heather, it was 56 here today. So weird. I just got back from the gym and it's still really warm out at 8pm.

oh and i have no life. happy friday night.

8:11 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

After I finish work, yes working on Saturdays harumph, a manicure and pedicure for me. Woo Hoo!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Buffy said...

It snowed last night. Here.

The sky opens up for rain and snow...but never for sun.

Im jealous.

And I'm cold.

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.