My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Ridiculous

Or as I like to say “ri-cock-ulous”; so ri-cock-ulous in fact that it has to be it’s own post and who doesn’t enjoy reading every inane thought that runs through my head.

You’re so very welcome.

Perhaps if it were 1863 and I was fearing the destruction of Fort Sumter and the confederates were coming to take my Yankee ass to Mississippi, then maybe, just maybe this would be ok. But this morning, when quietly perusing my gmail account, I noticed an advertisement for a confederacy website “All things Confederate. Online since 1996!” Of course now I can’t find the URL*, but last I checked, google and gmail were all “Yes there will be advertisements, but only for things that you’d be interested in” and given the intelligence of google, then of course every ad, would pertain to something that I would in fact care about. But the confederacy?
It must have been that email that proclaimed that the south will rise again. No wait, I know, it was the email I sent to Bone that said “Take care and long live Dixie”.



And for the record, I like the South, my parents are both southerners, with my father hailing from Birmingham. READ: I am not adverse to southerners just the idea of the confederacy.
*found the URL www.rebelstore.com Go quick before all of the "I survived Appomattox and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" shirts are sold out.

10 Comments:

Anonymous MappyB said...

Oh my gosh, that's funny. I had the confederacy, I'll say it. :) That's funny you had an advert like that. I get some strange ones myself too!

12:24 PM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

LOL. Bizarre.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Wait, so are you saying you hate southerners??

Hee!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Now I'm debating clicking on the URL, I have no idea what I'll find though and am afraid it might be NSFW, but I will let you all know.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

That's hilarious. There's obviously a glitch in Google's targeted advertising program.

God, I'm dumb as hair today. It took me a good 5 minutes to figure out what "NSFW" meant. I kept thinking it had something to do with New South Wales or Single White Female but couldn't quite figure out what. My brain must still be on vacation.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous MappyB said...

Not Suitable For Work?

If so, than that's the only thing I've managed to figure out today. Ugh.

4:27 PM  
Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:30 PM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

FYI: I say RiCockUlous, too. Have you noticed that some people just assume it's a real word when you use it in conversation?

5:31 PM  
Anonymous jurgen nation said...

No effing way. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE???

6:59 PM  
Blogger Paisley said...

It scares me that gmail scans your email to advertise to you...

scares.me.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.