My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Things that make me go Wheeee!

It all started off innocently enough; pomegranate margaritas and pilfering a table from some 40 year old woman, though I maintain that I was there first. Sadly leaving my cell phone at work but tableside guacamole and tortillas can cure all. Of course you can’t have just one pomegranate margarita, you have to have three. And then being the awesome person that I am, I rush away because MUST SEE BLOGGERS. This would be a good time to mention that I’ve already proved to my ‘real’ friends that I am in fact a huge nerd who says things like “I wish we were going to Austin this week because it’s SxSW and these really cool bloggers will be there.” Loser. There’s also the minor detail of having left my cell phone at work (and Oh MY God it will be stolen and I’ll never see it again and I’ll have to buy a new $400 phone and no gorging on products at Blue Mercury. I might as well die now) which meant that I might miss Mrs. Sarsgaaaaard and nothing would be worse than that.

Though deliciously impaired my flight to Yuca was swift and there I was greeted with hugs from EJ and my reward for wasting many hours during the day; a $15 gift card from Best Buy, which I shall use to purchase Adventures in Babysitting and Encino Man (if you make fun of me, you’ll get punched). I-66 my wallet thanks you.

That right there is awesomeness. But you know what’s even more awesome? Seeing the wonderful Cookie which made my drunk ass so freaking happy because I thought I wasn’t going to see her. And then meeting Circle V and seeing Kathryn, who inspired me to go to Blue Mercury.

Ok, more drinks are needed. Obviously. I look across the bar and this hot girl is giving me a come hither Heather look which leads to getting accosted and me making sure that she’s only consumed two drinks. Assured that she has in fact only had two drinks, I’m told that I was missed. Which makes me happy or maybe happier by then, because you know…wasted.

After retrieving my drink, I get a smile and a hug from another hottie (I swear this place was full of them) and it’s Larissa and there’s a choir and joy and it’s just as I imagined how meeting her would be. Again more happiness and discussion of AV-ness…and I’m still drunk.

Which leads to me heading towards Kathryn to make sure that Kris had already left and I’m saddened because she’s a proper adult who would leave by like 9 PM. But then there on the couch is Kris…and inevitably more accosting and she loves the cashmere and my boobs. Wheee!

The rest of the evening is more drinking and telling Nicole that we must go joy riding in her Mini and much talk of Blue Mercury so that I can still be hot (HA!) when I grow up and lots of accosting. We loves the accosting. Oh and there was the dancing and the sad reality that not all black people can dance. Or maybe it was the alcohol, who knows.

But the best part of the evening, which made me missing out on more pomegranate margaritas so incredibly worth it, was that when I got there, it wasn’t like I was showing up for some weird meet and greet with nametags and uncomfortable people standing around. No, I felt like I was being greeted by friends:the hugs and accosting and ass grabbing and the fact that I was missed. Lovely people who like me despite my poor sentence structure and…well…I’m just a happy hungover girl right now.

10 Comments:

Blogger V said...

Dude, we totally talked about Blue Mercury and now, I totally remember. Wow. Great to meet you and word up, yo on the Adventures in Babysitting!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous MappyB said...

That's so great you felt so welcome! I hope to make the next one.

12:28 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

There are just never enough hours in the night to accomplish all the chatting that's necessary. Grr...

We'll bring Namaste back up for a Friday night blow-out, as soon as I stop going away on the weekends.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

I accidentally mentioned the Bloggies to real life friends the other night and I was immediately regretful. Good thing I kept my mouth shut about SXSW.

1:27 PM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

I felt so grateful it was so comfy, too, Heather. And you were *def* missed before you got there. You're not the only dork, either. I woke up to hear my roomie come home from bartending and couldn't sleep til I told her all about my bloggie night. (And did you meet K? Another non-blogger who hears so much about it she had to join in the fun). Good friends will put up with our habit.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

"greeted by friends: the hugs and accosting and ass brabbing . . ."

So if I accost a friend and grab his/her ass, I'll just say, "I'm merely being friendly . . ."

Glad you had a fun drunken night!

2:40 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

you and Kris are proof positive that good musica can keep the party going

3:52 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

V: yes, extensive Blue Mercury convo. I'm so excited for that and Adventures in Babysitting.

MappyB: Next time pleeeeeease come!

DCC: I seriously miss that girl. It was fabulous seeing you as always.

Karyn: I think my friends are slowly getting used to it. But SxSW is more mainstream, the friend that I had been speaking to about it, had heard stuff on MTV.

Roar: I didn't meet K :-( but word on the street is that she was happy to be there. We must see each other more often though.

DKN: a good time was had by all. All of my friends are prone to ass grabbing. Comes with the territory.

I-66: Kris heard the music and got all dance happy. I love that girl. And once again, thanks for the gift card, it was a nice little surprise.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Glad you had so much fun! Pomegranate margaritas? I must try one.

7:55 PM  
Blogger K said...

You really make me want to take a vacation--it all sounds so awesome...

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.