My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Crack

A few weeks ago, during one of my forays into New Jersey, I was driving around with my aunt and we saw a woman walking across the street who was just a wee bit out of it. Rachel pointed out that this woman was in fact a crack head, in which I responded with a hearty laugh and a “how do you know?” I suppose Rachel can just sense a crack head like a dog can sense bacon. I wonder if she can sense me now, all riled up and semi spastic, from 250 miles away.

My body has developed an aversion to cherry blossoms – horrid motherfuckers that they are – and so now I’m reduced to a sometimes manic, sometimes not state of Claritin. The goodness cannot be denied though, because breathing is truly a wonderful thing and my eyes don’t feel like they might burn up in their sockets. Nevertheless I’m sitting here rocking and last night taught me that drugs and alcohol don’t mix. Who knew?!? I’m also wavering between giddy super happiness for trips and decision making and also an eerie all too familiar feeling of dread. But I think it’s just the drugs that are making my chest feel tight. It’s like something bad is going to happen, but I’m not sure what.

I was thinking of going to get a Latte, but I feel a latte might knock me the fuck out or I might knock someone the fuck out. The first person to knock me off of my high gets one to the face. But I swear, that’s just the drugs speaking. I’m already begging forgiveness for later when I’m half assed on the floor at Lauriol Plaza in a pool of swirly margarita goodness and the after effects of Claritin.

I wrote this an hour ago when at the peak of my high and now? Now, the Claritin has turned me into a lethargic little girl who is currently having quite the difficult time with this whole typing phenomenon.

6 Comments:

Blogger TinaPoPo said...

Allergies are miserable. And those damn cherry blossoms make it so much worse. I run around rubbing my nose so much that people probably think I'm a cocaine addict. Well, that and all the piles of cocaine on my desk at work.

1:05 PM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

I hope you're feeling better by this evening, dear.

1:49 PM  
Blogger babyjewels said...

Medicine affects me like that too. Your aunt has crack-dar.

2:18 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Despite what my hater implies, I am very thankful to have my big schnoz...keeps me breathing without the assistance of medicine during blossoms.

Thanks Grandma, for my wonderful, wonderful big nose :-)

2:39 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Sorry about the allergies. But the highs are so good. Bring on the drugs.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Maliavale said...

I don't even GET allergies, and the cherry blossoms last week had me weeping for my mother.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.