My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hi! I'm boring!

“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.” ~Dorothy Parker

And I’m going to try not to use the following catch phrases: Claritin, burning eyes, death by cherry blossom.

Thus far today, I’ve been traumatized twice. The first by my own mother who gave me some heart breaking news that I am still unable to speak of, it just saddens me that much. I mean really! How could you people go so low as to vote for a skinny southern rat faced man with mangy hair that looks like it’s been washed with $.99 shampoo?
After that incident I went to fill my mug with some French vanilla black tea and found a long blonde hair on my shirt. I do not have long blonde hair. This shit freaked the fuck out of me and my coworker actually had a mini convulsion. I'm not unable to use the index and thumb on my right hand without shuddering because they actually touched the offending hair and I might as well cut them off now.

Oh, then I designed some new Chuck Taylor’s * which I will probably purchase next week. Because everyone needs pink and magenta Chuck Taylor’s.

Also, I have a very important question for most of you. I would say that there’s no right or wrong answer, but I’ve been thrown that bullshit before and then filled pages upon pages of blue book, only to be told that my thoughts on the Protestant Reformation were wrong, I shouldn’t be in AP European History and that I would grow up to be a failure. No, I’m not bitter about this at all.

ANYWAY…the other evening Mrs. Sarsgaaaaard and I were discussing our super secret, piss on myself with excitement plans coming up and also discussing those that blog for a living. She stated that if paid to blog and read other people’s blogs for life, then she would do so. While I’m sure most would jump on this bandwagon, I like to get a little crazy and I stated that I enjoy my job and if I could do my job and then be a pseudo dork on the side (much like I do now), then that would be alright with me. Bonus points for paying me to do so. Now I bring this intriguing debate to you bloggers (or lurkers or whomever): If given the opportunity to blog for a living (or read blogs for a living), would you do it? Would you quit your current job to do so? Like I said, there’s no right or wrong answer but don’t get pissy with me if I fail your ass and call you stupid.


*for all of you furiously clicking on Chuck Taylor's (a) what kind of person doesn't know what Chuck Taylor's are and (b) you're not going to be able to see them because I couldn't save them as a picture.

18 Comments:

Blogger alana said...

Yeah, I'd totally do it. Partly because I'm afraid of having to get a 'real' job, and partly because....well....all I really do at work all day is blog and read blogs. And it keeps me rather entertained.

Although I must say you're in a pretty good position if you like your job enough to say that you wouldn't. Way to go.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous MappyB said...

I would leave my job now for a free dinner! It's that bad! I'd love to take up blogging full time, if paid, of course, but I'd probably start my own biz and makes maps on the side. Black Market Maps or something like that! And if you know how I can blog for dollars, please, let me know! I'll go kayking with you and eat Five Guys forever! :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Though it probably wouldn't be as fun after a while if it was a job...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

Sometimes it is such a struggle to come up with a creative blog post that will entertain people, that I don't think I would be happy having to do it for a living. Writer's block would kill me, that is, if I didn't get fired first.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Does it mean I don't have to suffer in traffic every day?

Sign me up.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

I'd definitely do it. Not because I dislike my job. But because I love to write.

As for AI, I haven't watched much this season. But if you're referring to Bucky, yes, he needs to go.

However, please don't knock Prell.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Sweet said...

Hells yes! Blogging is all about writing about those things that inspire/amuse me, as well as connecting with other like-minded cool/silly souls (like yourself). Whereas the jobby job, not so much a creative endeavor.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Yeah, I think I do kind of get paid to blog and read blogs... it's just... my bosses don't necessarily know that... So, let's just keep this our little secret!!

As far as Mandivagate (which is what I have named it--there aren't enough "gates" out there) there aren't even words. I mean, sure, her country song wasn't the greatest, but for goodness sakes, that girl can SING!! But I'm not too worried, I seriously doubt we've heard the last of her.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

My eyes are burning so much right now that I can't even read my fucking comments! ARRRRGGGGHH!

But from what I can see through the tears is that most of y'all would gladly give up your jobs for a life of blogging.

I need to go take refuge in my home with the windows closed or else the fucking cherry trees need to die.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

I mean given the opportunity to give up my CURRENT job in order to get paid to blog? Yes.

Would I get tired of it? If it did not involve travel, then perhaps.

Pretending that I have any one of my dream occupations, I know would NOT give that to blog for a living.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Whinger said...

I don't know that I would blog for a living. I would write for a living, but I think one of the best things about blogging is the lack of pressure. I don't need to worry about an audience so much and can write what I want. Plus, I think it would lose some of its appeal if I lost the escapist element from my job.

I designed some Chuck Taylor's a month ago, and they shipped the other day!!!!!!!!
Multiple exclamation points were clearly justified for this momentous event.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Y said...

Well, I blog for free now, so, why the hell not? (but, I'm a Stay at home mom, so, haha, that's like asking a hungry person, "If I would pay you to eat this pizza, would you eat it?" or something like that...)

Also? I want to know who these people are voting for Mother effing BUCKY. FESS UP, PEOPLE OF AMERICA.

5:14 PM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

Dude. I'm going to brave your impending failing grade (you already broke up with me on my blog today...) and tell you that I'd gladly think up witty little quips everyday for a living. In fact, I often think of my current job as mere fodder for my real passion-- blogging. Thus I am a total nerd. Shun me if you must...

8:43 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

No. I'd have nothing to blog about if all I did all day was blog and read blogs. I like my job, too.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Maliavale said...

I wanted (b) on the Chucks. And now I'm inspired to make some of my own.

Reading blogs and blogging for a living. Honestly ... I'm not sure I really could do it. A side of Dork with my Corporate Jobby Job works just fine right now.

12:44 AM  
Blogger TinaPoPo said...

I don't know. I always think I would, but then I think if I were being paid to do it and it were an actual job, I would start to resent it (as I do my actual job). And that would be sad because blogging is fun.

8:32 AM  
Blogger ccap said...

Yeah, I'm in the minority here. If paid to blog or read other blogs I would probably stop enjoying it as much. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. Eventually ANYTHING that you HAVE to do becomes monotonous.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Dee said...

I would quit my job right this second if someone was willing to pay me for blogging or reading blogs. Then I would have more time to put into the actual writing of said blog and it might be interesting enough to get some readers.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.