My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 10, 2006

A Numbers Game

"Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand. " ~Emily Kimbrough

In the spirit of Monday, my laziest writing day next to Friday (at which point you’d question why I write on either of these days. The answer being I don’t know and because I can), I am going to post a list of sorts that I feel truly brings together the craptastic-ness of my weekend.

Ready?

The number of Five Guys gift certificates received: One. Amount? $10 Reason? I left for 15 minutes to go to CVS and they accidently gave my food to someone else. Was I upset? Nope. But it got me a free meal and a gift certificate. Everyday, I love them more and more.

Number of trips to Five Guys: Two.

Number of alcoholic beverages consumed: Five at karaoke. Plus one bottle of wine Saturday evening.

Number of hours spent watching DVDS: Seven

Number of times Walk the Line was viewed: Three (that’s in addition to the seven hours of DVD watching)

Number of times “Because you’re mine, I walk the Line” escaped these lips o’mine: 27

Number of times that I professed my undying love and affection for Phil Mickleson: 14

Number of years my baby brother has turned: 20

The age on his ID: 27. hmmmm

Number of Grandparents that died on Saturday: One.

And finally…

Number of times I contemplated poking my eyes out with a knitting needle due to the fact that I’d be driving to Albany later in the week: 349

That said, we shall see how the remainder of the week goes. I’ll keep you posted as to the state of my eyes and whether or nor I’ve decided that poking myself with a knitting needle is a most excellent idea.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sharkbait said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandparent. That's always tough.

And Ugh to driving to Albany...Obviously for a not fun reason, but driving to Albany, that in itself is torture.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Sweet said...

Sorry about your loss dearie, if you need me to take you out for a Five Guys burger to cheer ya up, just say the word!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

Sorry for your loss, HB.

10:47 AM  
Blogger I-66 said...

ugh... my condolences. So good to see you Friday.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Oh, sorry about the loss of your Grandparent. That isn't fun at all.

*Look at me...viewing your (usually blocked) blog at work. Maybe this is my reward for coming into work today. Hooray for me!

Happy Monday.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous MappyB said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. My best friend's grandfather passed away on Saturday too. Maybe they're somewhere playing cards together, or golfing....

12:58 PM  
Blogger wunelle said...

Sorry to hear it. In your present condition, I would ask that all knitting needles be locked away in a... knitting needle safe. (What is this world coming to?)

2:30 PM  
Blogger ejtakeslife said...

I'm so very sorry for you and your family. Have a safe drive home.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Cheetarah1980 said...

Albany makes me want to poke my eyes out as well. Spending the first 18 years of my life there was bad enough, going back is just torture.

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family find some comfort during this difficult time.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.