My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Oh how lovely

Upon seeing this eye sore, Peg proclaimed "God that's Ghetto." I feel this deserves it's own 'say no to drugs' commercial. As in "This is your car. This is your car on crack" or "This is your car after you've busted the fuck out of it and you've had to resort to using duct tape." Thoughts?

For you duct tape connoisseurs out there, the silver duct tape works about 150 times better than the more eye friendly, clear duct tape. You know, just in case you were wondering.

Tired doesn't even begin to describe my state right now, but you'll be happy to know (or at least I'm pretty stoked about it) that my car is becoming a little less ghetto-fied as we speak. A big whooot! for the mechanic Gods. But have no fear, for upon my return to you party people there will be stories that shall include-but not limited to-the consistency/scent of puked up Similac formula, what exactly happens when you call 911, why it takes 6 hours to drive from DC to Long Island, more stories about my flipping fantastic brothers, my Grandfather's funeral (fun for the whole family), my new found appreciation for Red Lobster's cheesy and delicious biscuits and what happens when my father discovers 'The Google'.

For now, admire my poor car, which seems to test my will to live, more and more each day.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bone said...

Yeah, gray duct tape. I coulda told ya that ;-)

I also have a small reservoir of untapped mullet knowledge. Should the need ever arise.

11:18 AM  
Blogger RoarSavage said...

My roomate is the car-duct tape Queen. Or, at least she was til she got her rearview fixed.

I'm all about embracing the post-college "ghetto" existence. No other time in my life is it going to be so chic to live so cheaply.
...My engine light's been on for a month and I DON'T CARE! lol.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

The shame, the shame - I have a passenger-side rear view mirror that's currently held on by duct tape. Black duct tape, black car.

Roarsavage, get that light checked out! $70 for a scan - no big deal compared to the $2200 I just forked over because I chose to IGNORE mine for too long.

Thus the black duct tape. Paying $50 for a new mirror might clear me out, you know.

1:29 PM  
Blogger JerseyTjej said...

Duct tape is not ghetto...The use of it acutally began on Staten Island, lol! Seriously, the unpardonable sin comes in when you use the black Hefty bag instead of clear plastic...Now THAT is ghetto!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Cheetarah1980 said...

right before I left home to start my first post college job, I took my father's car to NYC (he was in Cameroon for a month) and knocked the sideview mirror off (a parked car hit it). That basically looks like the hack job my best friend and I did to repair it. I drove around for days with duct tape on his car. Then I left it in the garage for him and moved halfway across the country before he came home.

Oh and I absolutely LOVE Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits. They are like a slice of heaven on earth.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

I can't wait to hear about your adventures at Red Lobster. My family LOOOOOVES Red Lobster. Like, we went on vacation in Hawaii and had tons of great, fresh Hawaiin food... and at the end my mom asks what everyone's favorite meal was, and everyone but me said "Red Lobster!" There's something about those cheesy biscuits.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Bone: HA! My dad said the same thing, he's from Bama too. Coincidence? I think not.

Ms. Savage: Since your engine light has been on for so long, I'll look out for you around town to see if you'll need a tow. Post college life is fucking fabulous.

Kate: See the black duct tape/black car thing works out well for you. I have a maroon car and I don't think they make maroon duct tape, thus the clear. Ugh.

Jerseytej: that's so funny. Did I mention that I had to reapply the silver duct tape in a Walmart parking lot in NJ??

Cheetarah: did he completely flip his shit when he saw it? Awesome that you left before he got back. Sadly I was stuck with my hack job for the past month!

Jennifer: I had forgotten how much I loved that place back in the day. Living in a major city has turned me into a food snob. I just got back from Friendly's and it was heaven.

Also, I should mention to all of you that my car is now fixed and a little less ghetto-fab. Now it just needs a good wash and I'm all set. whoot!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

It took me a second to figure out this picture. But when I did...I totally laughed.

Sorry.

Good luck this weekend.

Bob sends his love.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

The Google.

That's priceless.

10:37 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

*bows before the almighty mechanic gods*

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.