My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

This is the story that never ends: Trois

Read Part One or Part Two

Relativity

Having recently received some flak from a family member about something wholly innocuous written, I feel pretty limited at this point of the story, for this is the best part. The crème filling to the Cadbury egg if you will, but sadly you will not be partaking in much of the crème. Most especially since my father has recently discovered ‘the Google’ and this little internet party over here and has subsequently decided to inform his brother and sister in law of my blog (Or website or internet thingy or whatever those crazy kids are calling it these days). When he told me this I rolled my eyes and he questioned why. “Because it’s weird.” He replied; “I told you so.” Touché (Heather: -10; Father: 233).

Though admitting my father correct is a rare occurrence, it is not the crux of this story, and as wholly entertaining as it is, it’s not something that can be written here. Thing is that my older brothers are considerably older than G and I. They were also raised in Long Island quite close to my father’s side of the family. Their mother still lives out there as well. So growing up they were often around my cousins etc. At my grandfather’s funeral, there were people there who I had last seen in 1989. It was pretty much me and G, sitting together listening to my cousin’s and other family members having these vivid recollections of the time that they spent with my grandfather. That is not to say that I haven’t spent time with him or anything like that, but they just had more. My last visit with him was December 23rd. He was a patient at an assisted living community, due to alzheimers and a stroke he had recently had. He asked about the Giants and my golf game, which only proved to me that we were very much related. The previous visit with him was years ago in Fresno, in which he explained algebra to me. So there are memories, not a million and one of them, but they’re there.

Actually I should say that it was just G and me sitting there until Ty decided to show up out of nowhere; thus turning the three of us into an uncontrollable bunch of heathens who demanded alcohol and to be taken to Carnegie Deli immediately. Instead we got Red Lobster, an institution that I had previously ridiculed because it’s not the Oceanaire Seafood Room. But the Oceanaire Seafood Room doesn’t have cheddar cheese biscuits. You also can’t question your waitress’ ethnicity there (for the record she was Puerto Rican not Mexican), or be obnoxious and you probably can’t say “kiss my ass” or “I’m going to fuck his shit up” in the parking lot.

Next up: There’s a strong possibility that I may never be Aree Song.

9 Comments:

Blogger RoarSavage said...

Screw the fam... I want the CREME! There are no inside jokes/stories on blogs...! O wait.

My parents asked, but they were NOT given my url. And, thankfully enough, the #1 hit that comes up when you google my name is still a ridiculous paper on the Civil War written for "1st Period."
...random, huh?

9:24 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Is that the Carnegie Deli in Manhattan? Once when I ate there I had the rudest waitress EVAH. She sat at the next table and glared at us the entire time we were eating.

9:43 AM  
Blogger MKD said...

Loved ones knowing about your blog is the worst thing ever.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Thank God my family doesn't read my blog. I told my mom about it way back when but I don't think she understands what a blog is - she thinks it has something to do with email.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Sweet said...

Yeah my parents don't get the blog thing at all. I think it's a generational thing. They still think scary men on the internet are out to get me!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

My 'rents have NO clue about the blog. I think that they'd be sad that I write it all down but don't talk about it -- but that's just my style. They wouldn't get it.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Hm, okay, well, odd man out here! I went ahead an got upfront about my blog with the family. They're all pretty internet savvy and I just figured since I wasn't doing it anonymously they'd probably find it eventually anyway, and I'd just rather it come from me. I try not to edit it too much for their sakes, and I've always made it clear that I'm sharing my life with them in a very open way and I expect them to either respect me for that or just not read it. Haven't had any problems... yet, anyway! (Famous last words, I fear?)

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Jacynth said...

I have purposely not written anything about my family on my blog out of fear they would get all technological and find it. The thing is, my family is the juiciest thing about me, so my blog is not what it could be and that pisses me off even more. I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather (been out of the mix for a bit).

2:20 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

If I told my Mom I had a blog, shee would probably tell me to go to the doctor to get it looked at.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.