My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Tis Friday

“Life is not long, and too much of it must not pass in idle deliberation how it shall be spent.” ~Samuel Johnson

I had this spectacular post planned on why I love women, especially women in politics and that everyone should love politics and women as well. Also hanging out with my two favorite women has led to a strange ‘I can do anything’ euphoria and I might explode and share with everyone that I am a political science nerd. But alas, all of that sharing has been superceded by a nasty hangover, which only goes to show me that (a) I’m not a Freshman in college, so Miller Light for dinner is not acceptable and (b) martinis and an implausible amount of red wine, do not bode well for an empty stomach. But if you fill said stomach with sushi roll upon sushi roll, then you’ll be in the clear.

Anyway, Friday’s always go like this. With me knowing full well that I should have time to write a wonderfully worded and acerbic post where I can use words like ‘acerbic’ but instead I end up lethargic and ordering shoes from Nine West, while intermittently banging my head on the key board. Though this Friday, my thoughts are consumed with the whole women thing, but I wish I could come up with more than “Women! Politics! Alcohol! Wheee!” I’m also grappling with another bout of the Ennuiparapsychosis, as everyone who has asked me what’s new with me lately, has received the same ‘nothing really’ response. Thing is that I’ve been too busy contemplating what to do next, so technically I’m left to give any response I damn well please. Next time someone asks what’s new, I’m going to reply that my class in quantum physiology is going really well and that next week I’ll begin reading the Kinsey Reports and studying sexology. I’m also thinking about getting into cock fighting.

If any of y’all have indolence reducing exercises or other witty responses to the standard “what’s new with you” question, then please feel free to let me know.

Happy Friday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

I watched Kinsey the movie last night. Pretty good. That doesn't help you with answering "what's new" though...

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Jacynth said...

I like to be blunt and to the point. So, some days I might report, "Well, I finally got that scab off the mole on my back, so I'm stoked" or "I just bought my 63rd pair of shoes". Anything and everything should be exciting, because hey, they asked, therefore they HAVE to be interested, right?

5:28 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Nine West has nice purses too.

Happy Friday back ;-)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Isabel said...

I've only bought shoes online once. And it turned out bad. I was sad.

Nothing "new" with me. And by "new" I mean that I'm still pregnant!

12:04 PM  
Blogger ejtakeslife said...

I find that ill-advised public singing puts me in a good mood.

Great to see you last night! Are you coming to Save the Boobies?

3:07 PM  
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Am world's biggest political science nerd. OK, Canada's. 11 years and counting!

What's new? There's no good all-purpose answer to that question. 'Nothing, really. Haven't fucked up my own or anybody's else's life yet today.' All the more effective, tho' possibly less truthful, if said while clutching your new baby

7:55 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

I refuse to spend anymore than 8.99 on shoes from Payless. I hate shoes.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.