My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Blocked

"One must be drenched in words, literally soaked in them, to have the right ones form themselves into the proper pattern at the right moment. " ~Hart Crane

10 AM is way too early for ice chewing. There’s nothing to be tense about at 10 AM, nothing has happened and getting into why I’ve become an ice chewing connoisseur brings out 14 theories, including my personal favorite, that I am sexually frustrated. But that is neither here nor there as I believe that for today, I’m chewing so early because I’m feeling overwhelmed, which is an intrinsic trait, especially being overwhelmed by anything that may or may not come in the future.

Actually the most perfect thing occurred on Sunday, yet every time I sit down to write it, I am unable to get past the first paragraph. We’re coming down to the wire here with this little project of mine and while I’ve realized the crux of my neuroses over the past year, I’m left with that dreaded feeling of ‘what now?’ Though I wish there was more to be said right now, I can’t get past that first paragraph, but I have a sneaking suspicion that that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. And I’m sure that you all are waiting with baited breath for the rest of this tale.

In the meantime, let’s play “What the Hell was this Girl thinking when she got dressed this morning?” also known as, create your own caption.


20 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

I can't believe you don't like my outfit! The high heels/stretch leggings/jean micromini look is so IN right now. Paris Hilton asks me for fashion advice. I just need a bit of a tan...

11:01 AM  
Blogger sparkles anonymous! said...

Is it, perhaps, a Walk of Shame?

(I don't really think it is, but I'm trying to think positively, here.)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Please tell me her hair wasn't in a side ponytail.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Jorge said...

Undaunted by the jeers, the lonely superheroine known as Bad Taste Lass trudged on, carrying her packages back to her secret hideaway in the ghetto.

11:38 AM  
Blogger ❉ pixie ❉ said...

"I want to look like a total asshat while I'm out shopping today. Oh, I know, I'll put that denim headband I have around my ass and wear it as a skirt. I have some anklets that I can wear as leggings too! Man, do I look hot. Am I going to far with the small clothes? Ooooo, I'll carry the biggest bag I can find for visual balance."

At least that's what I think she was thinking.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

I also forgot to mention that this picture was taken at 5 in the afternoon and Jorge? It was in Southeast DC, so technically quite close to the "ghetto"

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Sweet said...

Looks like we're both being the fashion police lately.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Jacynth said...

"God, I can't wait to get my special made fanny pack. I hope it fits in this bag."

1:26 PM  
Anonymous MappyB said...

Hell to the Yeah.
Heather, that look is SO IN right now. You don't know what you're talking about. :)

Maybe I should start carrying a bag bigger than my ass. Although I don't want to wheel around a suitcase. Hahaha...

Ignore me, I'm delirious with fatigue.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

What on earth could she possibly be carting around in that bag?? I mean, my purse is jam packed, but seriously, you could fit the entire Russian circus in that thing...

What, I ask you, WHAT is the deal with those horrible legging things? Why won't they stop it and just go away? Those and Tevas. They should all just be GONE.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

If leggings truly make a comeback I am going to become a cutter.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Complacent Chase said...

I love the 80s!

4:29 PM  
Blogger unforgiving b*tch said...

unfortunately that style is "in" right now. never thought I'd like it so much to be "uncool."

8:07 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

The WetSeal bag is pretty much a giveaway as to where she purchased the HEINOUS outfit.

Yeesh.

(Note to self: if over the age of 21, do not set foot in WetSeal. No good can come from it)

10:37 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

Does your phone make that camera noise? If so did she know you took this picture?

10:43 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

"I'm color blind and I want my booty to look humongous today."

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Jorge said...

Heather I am usually accurate about these things.

Part of it is due to the fact that my brain contains 100% pure entropy.

I luck out a lot though.

Maybe there is some serendipity in there, too.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

I have been trying to turn the "shutter" noise off on my phone so that I can take pictures of people in outrageous outfits too. Can't figure it out though. I hate technology.

Pixie's comment reminded me of that episode of Felicity where the Elena's boyfriend gives her a head scarf as a present and she thinks it is a skirt and wears it as such.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Y'all did much better than I did. As all I could come with was "holy mother fucker. How was 1989?"

The best captions belonged to Jorge and Jacynth. Priceless people, priceless.

And yes, my camera makes that shutter noise but I doubt she heard me. And if she had, I would've told her I was taking a picture of her outfit so that I might emulate it for myself...for Halloween.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Let's get right to this picture...

I am seeing this "look" all over Seattle and I don't get it. Why, oh why?

And where do they even buy leggings like that? 1982?

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.