My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Holy incompetent one

“Common sense is not so common.” ~Voltaire

I have compassion and the ability to be nice. Really, I do. I can also be sympathetic and/or empathetic and feel for my common man. But if there’s one thing that bugs the shit out of me, it’s incompetence. Grown ass people who don’t understand the most basic things and then look (or respond) quizzically like it’s so fucking difficult to find out the name of a room. Really, it’s not. Promise.


At this point I’ve had it up to my eyeballs with incompetence covered in bullshit and I’m just a tad bit irritated to say the least. And though I try to be nice, it’s always met with more stupidity. Sometimes I want to grab people by the shoulders, give them a good shake and maybe speak a little louder, then maybe, just maybe all will be understood and I will not have to go home to pick pieces of ham off of my pizza after waiting for it for 45 damn minutes*.


Maybe this is just more pot/kettle/black action, because lord knows that I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed. But what I would enjoy more than anything, is to ask for something and then receive without an eye roll and receive it at the time specified and not at a pace determined by a…I don’t know…a snail perhaps? Is there anything that can go slower than a person who works at the dreaded BofA? I think not**.


Either way it’s annoying and frustrating and I’m apparently quite worked up about it. Now I shall bang my head onto my desk because this folks has been my morning.

*I ended up getting my pizza for free and a new pizza delivered. But I’m still pissed

** Wait, spoke too soon, TSA, those motherfuckers move like you’re obviously at an airport for your health and not to catch a plane!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Jorge said...

I am so glad you are not the Incredible Hulk.

I'd never visit DC again. ;)

BTW, the sharpest tool in the shed thing is invalid. Who wants a sharp sledge-hammer? ;)

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Jacynth said...

I had a similar grunt last night while on the phone complaining to comcast for cutting off my service just because I wanted to change the name on my account. Incompetent mofos. We should band together and beat them with sharp tools. ya.....

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Angela said...

I don't know, I kind of like incompetent people. They make me feel much more superior.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Paisley said...

my husband and i always joke about how perfect the world would be if only we ruled the world. haha

free pizza rules, but not if you could have flow to Bavaria before it arrived.

:(

3:58 PM  
Blogger Paisley said...

*ahem* flowN

3:58 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Jorge: I don't get scary mean, just irritated and demanding for my money back. It's just annoying.

Jacynth: I've had that conversation with my gas company - Pepco - it was horrendous and a pain in the ass and I can't even bring myself to talk about it.

Angela: DITTO

Paisley: I also neglected to mention that the driver's and manager allowed pizza being delivered to get cold because they refused to drive a whole three miles to the apartment that it was going to. I was so irritated by that and it wasn't even MY pizza.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

The moral of the story?

Eat cake.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

How about when you have a pizza delivered that you specifically requested NOT have white sauce on it and it comes with...white sauce. Then you call and they re-deliver another one...with white sauce.

Then the manager accuses YOU of confusing them.

Yeah. Nice. The dog enjoyed her $24 pizzas.

8:27 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Stupid people drive me bonkers too. Do we need to all be in the same gene pool? Can't they get their own? ;-)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Cheetarah1980 said...

oh incompetence is bad, but slow incompetence is the worst!!! I hate it. I've damn near killed people while waiting on line.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! nursing degrees online Concession saab Free party bingo Consultation free meridia Nba games per week Timeshare for sale san diego carlsbad audi dealer Kelowna breast augmentation High back bankers chair gay shorts Cs 2000 barcode reader Best top 10 credit cards teen pussy Allergies in the eyes Where can i save shopping for butalbital Gmc motorhome diesel http://www.eric-johnson-state-farm-insurance-ny.info

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.