My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 08, 2006

New and Improved

With more shamless pimpage to boot


"The end of childhood is when things cease to astonish us. When the world seems familiar, when one has got used to existence, one has become an adult." ~Eugene Ionesco

This morning I did my usual Monday self torture. Wherein, I awake an hour late considerably enough to skip the gym and then I seriously contemplate getting up. Is it really that necessary to remove oneself from under a blanket? The best was awaking to a bedroom that ever so slightly resembled the aftermath of Hiroshima. Or more like Gap/J.Crew/Anthropologie decided to throw shit around my room. At any rate, it made getting dressed that much more difficult; finding my raincoat in my bottom drawer, not withstanding.

Meanwhile, in my head, I’m making great strides at recalling the weekend. Sure I remember the off color Klan jokes while driving through southeastern Pennsylvania at 10:45 PM on Saturday evening. Oxford, PA had a little bit of a children of the corn thing going on. Most assuredly, I’m able to remember when I started drinking at 4PM on Friday and stopped somewhere around 1 at a Playboy themed party in Tenleytown, finally ending my evening at Steak n’ Egg. Saturday was the aforementioned trip to Pennsylvania and a night cap at Indebleu, because nothing says ‘I love my roommate’ like free grey goose and tonics.

A few weeks ago, I had lamented to my mother that everyday is the same. I wake up, make a half ass attempt at going to the gym, I go home, pretend to give two shits about my outfit, go to work for like many hours, go home; wash, rinse and repeat. Repeat for the next 40 something years. Which looking at it now, sounds so freaking awesome that I just can’t handle it. Even better? My mother deciding to call and remind me that it’s been a year ago (one year today) that I graduated from college, which is like being reminded that you’re turning 34 but with added head bashing and possibly a few cathartic tears into one’s Special K.

There’s also the sad realization that everything is different and yet the same from last year. Except now with less money, more snark and copious amounts of alcohol. The next 45 years should be awesome, like a frying pan to the head awesome.

5 Comments:

Blogger RoarSavage said...

LOL. Yeah. Totally right there with you. I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I'M DOING WITH MY LIFE, and it's been just as long out of school for me as it has for you. My wake-up-call came this weekend: Roomate has found a place and is moving in with her boyfriend in a month... time flies, huh?

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Oh yeah, I hear ya sistah. Except for me it's not so much the "everything is different but the same", it's just that everything is HELLA different, and not in a good way. I think either scenario basically sucks goat balls.

You think we'll ever look back on this time in our lives with fondness and nostalgia? Somehow I'm not really thinking I will...

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Jorge said...

Heds,

I think you are in the wrong profession.

Motiviational Speaker should have been yoru calling, for sure.
:)

Good days and bad days, you will always have the choice of what to do.

Send yourself up here, where you may dine on Magical French toast and face your live with new vigor and a slightly syrupy smell about you.
:)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Indiana Jonesing said...

I'm still waiting for the routine to get better. It's been 26 years.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Oh, life does just get better and better. But also very different. As I've told you before, I loved my early 20's. And although my life isn't as "exciting" now...I still am happy and having fun.

(and your weekend? Sounds like a BLAST!)

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.