My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sonrisa

“If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.” ~Andy Rooney

The reason I am hesitant to show off pictures of me smiling is because I quite resemble a squirrel on crack. I have ridiculously puffy cheeks when I smile and my eyes hardly seem open. An ex-lovah* of mine used to amuse himself endlessly by pinching my cheeks. At the time it was endearing now the thought makes me contemplate punching him in the nose on those rare trips home.

Though I’m tempted to show you a picture that Jorge took on his visit (It’s a picture of me with a little bubble that says “I say the c-word like it’s my job”, much to Kris’ dismay), I figure I’ll save that for when I’m looking for true personal embarrassment and besides, who really wants to see a squirrel on crack anyway? (don’t answer that)

I say this now because today I’m in a genuinely smiley type of mood. I’ve just printed out my boarding pass for my flight in the morning to Martha’s Vineyard. I’m stoked, like beyond stoked and in desperate need of a vacation like whoa. Not to mention that it’s several days with the madre, whom I haven’t spent an entire week alone with since Reagan was president and I totally wish I was kidding about that. And the lovely woman who has also expressed interest in shoe shopping and giving me money (!!!!!!!!!!) because I don’t ask for money. And we totally won’t mention how I bought a ticket to San Jose with her AmEx yesterday. Nope, won’t go there. Just think happy thoughts kids, like shoes…espadrilles.

*Before y’all get your hopes up about a possible long lost love, this was the 6th grade. Me and Jason Stewart who my father referred to as ‘metal mouth’. Kid would likely set off a metal detector I would say. He was one of those kids who desperately needed puberty to come and pronto.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet said...

Take lots of pics and have a blast girl.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Angela said...

You know, I still haven't figured out if I actually like espadrilles or not... and yet, the word! Oh how I adore that word!

Have an awesome time and then come back and tell us about all the famous people you rub shoulders with.

12:26 PM  
Blogger jackt said...

Also if you laugh at yourself when nobody is looking, you really mean it as well. haha.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

YOU GOT YOUR TICKET!!!!!

We're going to have fun like THAT's your job. ;)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Sweet: oh definitely lots of pictures. I'm so excited.

Angela: ha! doubt it, though on occasion I have seen Spike Lee and Uma Thurman once fell off the sidewalk while walking with Ethan Hawke.

Jackt: I have no problem laughing at myself, in fact I do it a lot given that I do many stupid things in one day.

Kris: I'm glad you're so excited because I doubt my mom will have the same reaction when she gets her bill. Actually I might end up being killed...so you may have to think about having fun without me.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Jorge said...

Heather - I think you should post it anyway. I think it's cute. The fact that it doesn't really match the caption makes it a work of genius.

GENIUS!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

See you at Blogher! Weeeeeeeee!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

You're going to Blogher? It's official...I'm the only person not going.

Have fun this weekend and have some sun, fun and ice cream for me.

5:54 PM  
Blogger unforgiving b*tch said...

Have fun....and when I smile I have those chipmunk cheeks too.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.