My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The story of my life

Well first a few housekeeping items, which I try to avoid but tend to be inevitable:

  1. Y’all are some needy people. I’m here. Look. Wheeeee! I missed you too.
  2. Do I even still have readers?
  3. We shall discuss R&R and my future prospects at clamming tomorrow
  4. How long is the standard time to keep a laptop? I’ve had mine for almost five years and it still runs perfectly fine, but I don’t want to be embarrassed at BlogHer. Thoughts? Also if you really feel it's high time for me to get rid of the thing, do you suggest a PC or a Mac? I know that I've finally fallen into geekdom because when I saw the new Macbook, I almost wet myself.


…Moving on now…


“When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.” ~Dale Carnegie

The story of my life, apart from that whole “I was born on a cold winter night in upstate NY in 1983. We didn’t have a car, my mother had to walk to the hospital and I spent a week in a drawer…” (Actually a good chunk of that is false…), aside from that there’s the very elephant in the room that is my less than stellar sense of self. I also have an uncanny ability to project things and will automatically assume that everyone and their brother hates me. All of that peppered with the occasional person pretty much telling me that I should throw myself from a building, and you pretty much get moi. Sad, but true.


There’s nothing better than starting off a day dry heaving and hyperventilating in your car for 20 minutes, because you basically feel worthless. But then again, that’s just more projection and may or may not be true. Then of course something semi-good occurs which makes it a little less likely that I will be propelling myself from any edifices. Which is always a plus.


Anyway, that’s just how it goes and the likelihood of it changing is slim to none and I’m really ok with crying to my mother every once in awhile, because that’s her job. I’m also perfectly ok with bitching to you all because right now I’m feeling like that’s the only thing I’m even doing remotely correct. So I’ll take my wins where I can and move on from that.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet said...

Are you going to that BlogHer conference then?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Yes I am. Wheeee!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

I love crying to my mother... for some reason it just puts everything into perspective for me. I'm just a kid, she's still my mom, everything's gonna be ooooookay. Or something like that--maybe I'm just a big baby though!

Regardless that's what I plan to be doing in exactly one week and one day ;) Glad you're back!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I enjoy yer bitchin'. ;)

3:09 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I want a new Mac too. Sigh.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Cessa said...

4.) MAC! MAC! MAC! MAC! unless you have a bizare love of Spreadheets and things that crash, MAC

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Jorge said...

MACs are for people that can't count.

:)

I'm just kidding.

Seriously, vintage is in. I'd strap a hamster wheel with a hamster in it and claim that you're using a "Green PC".

That shit's hot, yo.

Jorge

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.