My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

In your eyes

"The rain on my car is a baptism, the new me, Ice Man, Power Lloyd, my assault on the world begins now."- Lloyd Dobler

Dear Diary,
My name is HB (like you didn't already know). And today, for the first time ever, I have discovered the magic and eternal optimism that is Lloyd Dobler. My only excuse for this sad state of affairs is that I spent most of 1989 as a five year old attempting first position in ballet and proper way to eat paste.

But now, I am schooled. I think I may even want my very own Mr. Dobler who deserves the same salutation as Mr. Darcy, because he's just that awesome.

Despite that fatal flaw of my upbringing, I would like to take this time to mention that today I also made great strides in my social phobia. I managed to have a conversation, at a table, with actual adults in which everything I said didn't come out like "skaislkjfusklityslkhfi...like...yeah...akdifhltish." A conversation at a table with adults that I barely know and who most likely think I'm some crazy imposing child. But who cares? I smiled and was nice.

So, as you can see, today was a big day. Tomorrow? Dear diary, I have a crush and would like some new jordache jeans.

G'night,
HB

12 Comments:

Anonymous TJ said...

Cool. Congrats.

6:11 AM  
Blogger sparkles anonymous! said...

What I didn't admit at brunch - I've never seen the damn movie either. Congrats. ;)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Thank you both!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Bone said...

I had some Jordache jeans in 1986. Had some Sasoon jeans, too. What the freak was my mother thinking?

9:29 AM  
Blogger darlin nikki said...

Alright, 'tis good! and a crush eh? I love crushes!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Whinger said...

Oh I'm just so happy for you, as he is wonderful.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Dude, what about Girbaud (sp?) jeans?? Those were way cooler where I went to school ;)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Somedays I wish I could remember the 80's better. It seriously is limited to Jordache and Reebox...and boom boxes of course.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Jordache and Sasoon were late 70s/early 80s around here. They were later replaced by the Girbaud jeans. Argh! Just looking at the word "Jordache" makes me think of cheesy guys in high school -- "Jordache sure looks good in those jeans."

I had the Sasoon until my mother decided that her 14 year old should not be walking around in jeans that required one to be lying on one's back with knees bent to zip. Then it became all about 501s for me.

Glad to see that you have finally experience Mr. Dobler. I don't think it is possible to see that movie too much. Cameron Crowe at his finest.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

Parachute pants anyone?

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Jurgen Nation said...

If you love Lloyd Dobler, you're going to love seeing my shirt at BlogHer. I'll try to send you a picture via e-mail. Picture of John Cusak in his Lloyd days with "I [picture of a heart] [John cusak's picture]." I guess you just have to see it.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said...

wait until you discover Jake Ryan m'dear

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.