My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 26, 2006

On my mind

“It is sweet to let the mind unbend on occasion.” ~Horace

Because randomness is perfectly acceptable for a Monday morning…

1. So, this has been driving me crazy. So much so, that I spent a solid hour thinking about it the other evening. What is it? You ask: I have spent the past two (!) weeks, trying to get through Fight Club. After the first hour, I end up passing out. A few nights ago, I passed out after about 50 minutes, and woke up at a crucial moment involving Tyler Durden’s identity. Then I was all ‘fuck’ and have been trying like hell to get through this stupid movie, because I’m the LAST PERSON ON EARTH to see that movie. I even tried watching it all the way through yesterday, in broad daylight, wide awake, while boy wonder was napping, and I fell asleep. Finally, last night I gave up on watching the damn thing in one sitting and started where I had continuously left off. By the end I kind of wanted to just shoot my own damn self in the head because, holy hell, that was pointless. And yes, I do realize that I broke the first rule of Fight Club by talking about it, but then again, the second rule should be, “We do not talk about Fight Club, because it may bore you to death.”

2. Between Saturday and Sunday, I went outside to be with actual real life adults, twice. But had four conversations about why one isn’t being a “good listener.” Of course on Sunday when I promptly went to Chef Geoff’s downtown to eat and get drunk, I ended up having the worst service EVAH! This only made me think that being around someone who is three feet tall and can easily be persuaded to act like a normal person with the threat of a time out, may not be so bad after all.

3. The Chef Geoff’s downtown is the Bermuda triangle. If you order something, do not expect to get it at any time in the near future. In fact, your server will probably forget about it as well. Also, don’t be expected to get served a damn drink while you are waiting for your dining companion to arrive. Be prepare do take your ass to the bar and get it your own self and leave the bar tender a lovely tip, while leaving your pretentious, attitude laden server with a tip of $3.00 and a note that says “Get a clue, bitch.”


4. On Saturdays, back when I had a life, I used to run my errands and listen to “Wait, wait, don’t tell me” on NPR. This was the highlight of my week. I am not in my mid-50’s and I enjoy the hell out of NPR. I also listen to Market place so that I can get a feeling about interest rates. Once the Fed raises the interest rates again, I intend to put the money I’ve saved into a high interest savings account. I only tell you this because Savage looked at me as if I’d lost my damn mind when I told her this the other day. I also contribute to my 401K. My parents still don’t know that I got a raise and I have no intention of telling them, because I’d rather spend my earnings on a new camera, a trip to Belize and Anthropologie, than giving it to the crap ass conglomerate known as Verizon, which has the same worthiness of BofA, but a pinch more of incompetence. Those people still don’t know the difference between their head and their ass.

5. Oh, and my roommate is moving out. I am roommate-less. If anyone has an extra $750 lying around, that would be most awesome.

6. Almost forgot, the MLK Auction at Sotheby's that I was so freaking excited to go to, has been canceled and now I am sad and now I have no reason to spend the day in NY.

8 Comments:

Blogger ejtakeslife said...

I know what you mean about Fight Club- I did the same thing with Pulp Fiction. Boooooring.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Dagny said...

I have yet to make it through Shakespeare in Love, falling asleep at the exact same spot every time. My feeling is that if I cannot stay awake after two attempts, then I was not meant to see that movie.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Whinger said...

So, SO pleased that someone else didn't like Fight Club. I actually walked out of the theatre, and I NEVER walk out of the theatre.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

I've never seen Fight Club.

Also, although I am WAAAAAAY older than you, but not yet 30, I just want to say that I also contribute to a 401k.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

So what y'all are saying is that, I shouldn't be too upset with missing out on Fight Club? Awesome.

Thankfully I returned it today and will get Usual suspects in its place.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Oooooh, Usual Suspects is one of my favorite movies EVAH! Love it, love it, love it.

And you SHOULD come to NY, if only to see me and try to hunt down famous people after shopping at Coach, Sephora, and Anthropologie!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Bad service in a restaurant is the worst. Ugh. The worst experience I ever had (aside from that one time at the Carnegie) was when the waitress plunked down the entree plates and immediately said, "Can you guys hurry up, please? I want to go home."

10:37 AM  
Blogger jennster said...

how the hell do you remember all these people?! LOL

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.