My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Throwdown

"I'll be the in to your sane." ~Numan

Have you ever been wholly prepared for something and ready to lay it all out, when suddenly something comes along and makes you shake your head and say "well, nevermind that one"?
See, I was planning a very redundant really fucking boring informative post about my some odd obsession with both ABBA and Mom/parenting blogs (there was some connection there, honest) and as I was admiring my brilliance and again questioning why I never was allowed to skip a grade, I came upon an entry at another site that made my eyes grow as big as saucers and my mouth fall open. Because, seriously, I don't get it. And without going into specifics, lest I want the mighty hand of Amy Storch to strike down and send me into blog obscurity/eternal brokeness...I just question why in general, women tend to beat each other up about every. little. thing. Not just about parenting and what's best and what's not, but we're talking about shoes, clothing, size, every-fucking-thing turns into a bitch fest, throwdown, drive-by, wherein someone always gets pissed off and no one is any happier or none the wiser about ONE particular issue, than when they started. Mostly I wonder if men have this same problem? Anyone...?

Anyway, that irked me, which it probably shouldn't have because it had absolutely nothing to do with me, but just proves a larger problem at hand, or maybe I'm mistaken. Whatever. On to other things like my perpetual insomnia and the fact that every night this week I've gone to bed at 9:30 PM - alarm set to 5:30 AM, for the gym - only to awake between 1:30 AM and 2AM and stay awake until my alarm goes off then go to sleep until 7:30??? Why? Why? WHYYYYYY God, WHY?

If you really want to see pissed, watch me turn into a trainwreck of jibberish and supreme bitchiness to do a lack of zzzzz's. I promise not to let you down.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Wry Bri said...

"Mostly I wonder if men have this same problem? Anyone...?"


No.


Now get some sleep.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

I too have wondered why women beat each other up constantly. What happened to sisterhood? *sigh*

11:56 PM  
Blogger mdvelazquez said...

That's the kind of thing that irks me too. What happened to common courtesy? What happened to treating people with respect? Is disagreeing respectfully that difficult?

I hope you get rid of your insomnia soon. I have chronic insomnia and don't wish it on anyone. (I average 4 hours a night regardless of when I go to bed.)

Maria

7:59 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

What I found even more disturbing about this particular argument is that they were Mothers who were having this little throwdown. Mothers who are the ones to teach us (because I still consider myself a child) to be the bigger person and disagree respectfully.

But no, I don't get why women feel the need to peck at each other about even the most trite things.

8:20 AM  
Blogger mdvelazquez said...

Oh, I agree with you. That made it very disturbing/irksome. I will never be a mother, but I understand exactly what you're saying.

I also don't get why women/people need to be so critical/judgemental of each other.

Maria

8:48 AM  
Blogger jackt said...

You sure talk fast. Even when you write!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Yup, but mostly when annoyed.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Some people get super-defensive about things when they're insecure. If you're right, and you know you're right, there's no need to argue. Right?

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.