My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Android

“Be careful of your thoughts, they may become words at any moment.” ~Iara Gassen

My father is a Star Trek buff: The type who goes to conventions and rocks an outfit from the Starship Enterprise. For Christmas he gave us an ornament sized replica of the famed ship that says “Live Long and Prosper.” He also gets angry when you don’t know that Quark is a Ferengi. And that is something that I so totally wish I was just kidding about.

There really is no smooth segue between that and what is to come next. Except that androids, got me thinking about Lt. Commander Data, this got me thinking about the aforementioned conversation with my father about Ferengis (Ferengies?).

But no matter, because right now I’m feeling rather robot like. Not in the Deep Space Nine sense, but in the sense that everything that has been done over the past week has been eerily methodical. It’s like putting one foot in front of the other, but apply it to everything else, and you’ll find me. You’ll find me saying wholly rational things about my future as if I’m 100% sure about everything. You’ll find me giving lucid advice to others and doing it in a way that makes me look as if what comes from my mouth is the unequivocal truth and sum of all things. And my God, do I sound intelligent doing it. I’m frightened.

Instead of huffing and puffing and spewing yesterday when asked to do something, I just did and didn’t give it another thought until today. I was unable to find my ID in the massive Kate Spade, because there was no wallet to be accounted for, but lo and behold in my little zipper pocket, where one would keep essentials, were my ID, check card, and insurance cards. People! I don’t even recall doing this; because I would keep everything in my wallet and then be fucked when it came time to cough up identification.

I don’t know what’s going on. There’s so much and all of it compounded has led me to just do it, instead of dicking around for years and being distracted by shiny things.

Wait, I’ll bring it back around. My father is methodical. He’s a scientist; they do that sort of shit. He also just does things without trepidation – or if there is trepidation, he doesn’t let on.

I suppose that for now, I’ll just bask in my super effectiveness until blows up in my face. I mean, even I remember the episode where Data actually broke. And it was sad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Buffy said...

I've had one of those methodical days.

Sometimes your brain just doesn't settle fully into your skull.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Marci (aka Baby Banana) said...

God you crack me up. That's all. I have nothing else.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Whinger said...

Data was fully my favorite character.
I loved him.
That is all.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.