My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Bad News

“Humor is perhaps a sense of intellectual perspective: an awareness that some things are really important, others not; and that the two kinds are most oddly jumbled in everyday affairs.” ~Christopher Morley

I wish I could be more prolific. I wish I had the smarts and wit of being an ok writer who can get past personal problems and not dwell on the hardships of life. This only leads to writing that shows my true colors and dismay in my life. But alas I cannot: Especially when the personal problem involves returning home to a broken refrigerator and several things of frozen salmon which is now lukewarm with a whitish tint to it. The package inflated due to lord knows whatever bacteria come in Salmon. Also bad $9 blueberries and an unfrozen, frozen burrito.

But I can’t be too upset; at least the fruit flies were there to greet me with a great big ‘Welcome Home’.

No Pasa Nada; celebrating the Independence of Little Kim and a love of sarcasm since 2006.

11 Comments:

Anonymous LisaBinDaCity said...

OY. Sorry Hon, that sucks.

And a rousing cheer for No Pasa Nada!!!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous LisaBinDaCity said...

OY. Sorry Hon, that sucks.

And a rousing cheer for No Pasa Nada!!!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Whinger said...

That is some bad, bad news.

My condolences.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Hey, I think writing that reflects a person's personal life is far more interesting and entertaining than long essays of the meaning of butterfly eyelashes or whatever. You just keep on keepin' on... and, um, sorry about your refrigerator..

2:03 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

That fridge thing totally sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

1:03 AM  
Blogger August said...

Prolific writers dive into personal problems and dwell on life's hardships because they know these things keep us real, human, grounded and alive. These people are considered champions of the human experience and touch broadly because of their profound understanding of humanity. You are a prolific writer.

I'm totally feeling that fridge thing. My chicken wings and ground turkey are spoiled from no power for twenty hours and I can't imagine what is drenched in my melted ice cream.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous isabel said...

Awww...that sucks.

Do you have to buy a new fridge? Because those damn things are expensive!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

I would kick somebody's ass if that happened to me. Stupid DC.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous MappyB said...

$9.00 blueberries?! I bet you bought those where I bought the $8.00 grapes I'm eating - Whole Foods.

Sorry about your fridge.

2:37 PM  
Blogger jennster said...

that sucks. like seriously.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said...

turn the box upside down, and if a lot of blueberries stick to the bottom, it'll be a bad box.

Sorry you got a bad box, this is the perfect window for them. mmmm, love.

Your writing is quite open and I stop by for your frank-ness.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.