My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Feng Shui

“An element of abstention, of restraint, must enter into all finer joys.” ~Vida D. Scudder


Welcome to my humble abode. Actually, my living room.


Won’t you please pull up a chair or a couch…or some random stools or perhaps a set of drawers and a random box o’ crap.

A morning of babysitting would normally leave me stressed and using the phrase “dumb bitch” repeatedly also a good story or two. But alas the only story of the weekend was an incident in which I got purple paint on my REM Vote For Change t-shirt that “normally washes out of the kid’s clothes”. Well I’m sure the kids don’t have a once in a lifetime REM t-shirt. Anyway, I returned home to the above. Whereas normally, I’d drop my cumbersome bags on the ground and stare wide eyed in horror and then probably convulsed and finally a catatonic state, because HOLY HELL, I cannot live in such a disaster. (Yes, yes I can actually, my bedroom looks like Hiroshima) But alas, I did not. I surveyed the scene and gave an inquisitive ‘Hmmm’. As in ‘Hmmm, how are those obtrusive (and really fucking ugly) leather love seats going to get over this random purple couch here?’ Then I went about my business without the full on medical emergency described above.

And that’s how it went and how it’s been going: A calming effect of sorts in which I can do things without threats to throw myself off of a balcony. Without arrant proclamations or tears; just a ‘Hmmm’.




Of course very little cannot be solved with glorious and beautiful people to make me Watermelon Gin and Tonics and feed my every whim and belly with smoked salmon, pasta salad, and then margaritas. Note to self: When you start falling asleep over your Amstel, it is time to stop drinking. I can this for sure; I surely am not what I used to be. Seven hours of drinking now actually causes extreme exhaustion as opposed to late night trips to Fuddruckers.


Special thanks to some very special people who know that handing me a bottle of red, will make me the happiest girl alive.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Cocktails and smoked salmon can make a multitude of things better.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous MappyB said...

A watermelon G&T - I've never heard of that before. It sounds interesting. I'll have to try it!

Oh, and I love me some feng shui!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Jacynth said...

I've never heard of that drink before either but it looks damn tasty.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Mah got it from the Mario Andretti cookbook or some such thing. He got a little happy with the watermelon and while my people like the watermelon, I spent much of the evening full of water. But my God, that boy can make a G&T and the watermelon gave it that special little something. YUM!

9:01 PM  
Blogger DC Cookie said...

Haha! The den of my current house has always been called the mystery room. It used to contain an office desk, a bookshelf, a random chair, an empty entertainment center, a bike and three boxes. Shit none of us wanted in our room but had nowhere else to store.

Thank you Salvation Army!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Jorge said...

You were too far to hand more bottles of red to.
So we drank them our own damned selves.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.