My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

A little bit dramatic

If you're craving some new material: Go here

***
“Drama is life with the dull bits cut out.” ~Alfred Hitchcock

Contrary to what might across via the written word, I am not all that dramatic. Unless that is I’m alone and well, we’re just not going to go there right now, point is; I don’t do drama. I do not like drama, I do not like to get involved with drama, and if one so chooses to give me any sort of gossip pertaining to potential or ongoing drama, I get my gossip, smirk, and then move on.

In some ways this is most fortunate. It means that I’ve spent a majority of my life only worrying about myself and really not giving a fuck about others. The bad part of this is that I’m always the last to figure shit out and am usually found walking around aimlessly. I’m often the last to discover that Jane is sleeping with Joe or that John just seriously fucked up. I have a friend that compares me to Massachusetts Avenue: At times moving somewhat quickly, but far more often than not, at a stand still where nothing. gets. through. I’ve been compared to the slowest fucking road on the planet and far from the information super highway that I need to be in order to succeed.

What can I say? It’s just that at times, I don’t care. Whatever drama that so happens to cross my path is usually brought on by my own carelessness and stupidity or that I’m mildly interested in why Beth is fighting with Sara because I enjoy being entertained. Period. Lately on my adventures in perusing the interwebosphere, I’ve read interesting things of various events that have transpired thus some caustic and somewhat vitriolic language used to describe one’s feelings about themselves or others. On the one hand, I’m scrunching my brow and thinking ‘What the fuck did I miss?’ and then I – at times – inquire. On the other hand, though it doesn’t involve me, should I also feel this way? Or really, should I care. Obviously if it has nothing to do with me, I shouldn’t, but still there’s a slight pang of wondering what the hell is going on.

I’m pretty sure that Peg spent much of my childhood wanting to beat me due to my incessant nosiness. Everything was for adults only: Little pitchers, big ears and all that bullshit. I suppose I can understand it now. Most things going on that have nothing to do with me so I should stay out. Furthermore, I just don’t deal well with the drama. And honestly the thought of dealing with more shit than I already have to deal with gives me hives. So that’s it. I shouldn’t get involved in other people’s shit because I’m too selfish and have my own crap to deal with. But damn, a girl does need the occasional nugget of gossip to keep things going, because entertainment at the expense of others is still good entertainment.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bone said...

I'm in your boat, HB.

And I admire you. Some people seem to thrive on discussing the drama of others.

PS: Is Jane really sleeping with Joe? And I could have told you that about John. Come on, it's obvious.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous jonniker said...

I always end up stepping in drama. I don't *mean* to, and once it reaches dramatic proportions, I'm always like, "Wait! That's not what I meant!" because it rarely is. I rarely mean drama or anything bad at all.

Case in point this latest drama. I've seen it, but it doesn't involve me, and yet there I am! Commenting! About nothing! And making no sense!

8:51 AM  
Blogger MKD said...

The word "drama" reminds me of "Laguna Beach" which then reminds me of "hate."

9:58 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

I know exactly what you mean! I love hearing the gossip, but I hate being involved in it.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Heather B. said...

Bone: Why thank you. And when I do get wind of drama, I usually ask the pertaining parties whether or not it's true. So at least I have that going for me.

Jonniker: Exactly what I'm saying. Shit that has nothing to do with me, I end up commenting on even though I probably shouldn't be. Oh well.

MKD: It's like a trainwreck; cannot stop watching.

Tyler: Exactly, I love to hear about the latest gossip about whatever, but I'll be damned if I'm about to insert myself into whatever is going on.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

I'm pretty interested in "real life" drama, but typically "bloggy" drama is just so ridiculously childish and immature that it's not even interesting. "So and so is so ugly!" or whatever, ugh, I got over that kind of drama in middle school ;)

4:43 PM  
Anonymous nabbalicious said...

I think especially when it comes to bloggy drama, it's VERY tempting to make commentary or want to gossip about goings-on.

The problem, though, is that a) A blog is a whole lot more public than a private conversation, so you're not as free to shed light on some situations or go into specifics as you'd like to be and b) for that reason, I don't suppose it's fair to gossip.

Of course, that being said, whenever someone isn't explaining things fully or they're being cryptic, you're almost ASKING for speculation and curiosity. It's happened to me, too!

Either way, good for you for resisting the temptation. :)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.